Thread: R.I.P. Steve Ditko

R.I.P. Steve Ditko

Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange has passed away at age 90.

Another legend gone. I'm sad I never got to meet Mr. Ditko to thank him for his contributions to comics and pop culture, especially since he was also a native of my hometown.

Rest in peace, Mr. Ditko.
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

How sad. He was such a huge influence in the comics industry and provided some of the most iconic visuals.

Sad news, but not unexpected - this is definitely the loss of an artistic icon.

I wasn't around when the original Spider-man comics came out back in the 1960's, but did read these original issues when they were reprinted in Marvel Tales, back in the early '80's. Ditko's art was unique & refreshing. Also enjoyed the work he did on Dr. Strange & all of the other numerous comics he drew over the years. It was also cool to see Ditko's art pop up in unexpected places occasionally; the handful of issues he drew of The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones (also back in the 1980's) were some of my favorite stories of that short-lived series.

Spider-Man was my very first Marvel hero I really got into during the pre-SW days, particularly watching the entire '67 cartoon run. To this day, my favorite villain is Mysterio, so looking forward to seeing him in the upcoming film. Thanks for the memories.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Rest in Peace. One half of the creative duo behind one of my favorite fictional characters of all time.