Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-owned/Used vs New

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    They are upwards of 40 years old (or getting there) whether they've been opened or not. Some specimens can be highly degraded even while unopened (Leias with blue spots, etc.) while the best loose ones can look about as close as to what you may remember getting on Christmas morning in 1978. Anyone calling any of these new regardless of how good of condition they are is off base or just not paying attention.

So basically by searching "new" you are limiting yourself to sellers that misrepresent their product intentionally or are just plain sloppy when listing.
    yea that is an another excellent point, a lot of items, despite being sealed, are degrading badly, such as the plastic melting, or turning various colors now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedo1974 View Post
    Are you after loose figures or moc?
    At the moment I'm just collecting moc. Once I have a complete set I plan to collect a loose set too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_C View Post
    Ignore hoth_my_fav aka Alex Blaha, he is a well known scammer. Many people fill in the particulars on ebay sales to describe the items new or used, which is not necessary. Graded items will cost you a premium. Whether you want carded, loose, graded or not, the best place to start will be on Facebook. This is one of the premiere groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarWarsANH/
    Thanks. I didn't know about the group. I will take. Appreciate all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by davethedroid View Post
    At the moment I'm just collecting moc. Once I have a complete set I plan to collect a loose set too.
    Try typing in 20 back moc , 48 back moc etcetera and you should find what you are looking for .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12