Thread: SideShow Diorama Question

SideShow Diorama Question

I have been wondering for quite some time why SideShow decided to quit the Diorama Line, especially the dramatic confrontations of the Original Trilogy..

They released:

'The Circle is Now Complete' for ANH,
    'I am Your Father' for ESB

and NOTHING for ROTJ.

Does anyone know why?
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

My best guess is that it wasn't profitable enough. They are also very quiet on the 1/6 front focusing their efforts on the 1/4 (premium) scale where competition is absent. It seems like they are developing a business model of releasing the same core characters on multiple scales as well. With Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, 3PO, R2, Obi-Wan and other icons available in 1/6, 1/4, 1/2 and 1/1.

You are probably right, but on the other hand these dioramas sold out pretty quickly.. I think everyone was waiting for a ROTJ Luke vs Vader final showdown. The problem is, for thematic collectors like myself this 'ANH ESB ROTJ' two figure diorama project is incomplete I still wish they revisit this project and finish it by delivering the final missing piece..
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

With Hot Toys essentially pushing Sideshow out of the 1/6 game, I can see how 1/6 dioramas don't make a whole lot of sense.

I understand how your diorama collection feels incomplete. I kind of have the same issue with Sideshow's PF line. I can't really get involved in that scale as it's taking way too much space but i did buy both Vader and Ben from ANH, then bought Anakin from ROTS convinced a ROTS Obi-Wan couldn't be far behind. A decade later, my quartet is still incomplete as well.
    Last edited by TK_842; 07-02-2018 at 03:48 PM.

I gave up collecting 1:6 scale long time ago...
    First there was Marmit, then Medicom, then Sideshow, then Hot Toys and every single figure I have ever bought was made obselete by an updated 'version2, 3, 4...' of the very same figure and the money I have paid for those was impossible to get back on the secondary market. However, these Sideshow dioramas were something else because this concept of re-living a critical scene from each movies was not copied by other companies... Anyways.. it seems I will keep my 'Circle is now Complete' set and be happy with it..