Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else in the UK get their Platinum gift selection yet?

Well Fedex have waived the £12 fee, but completely ignored my statements about the value and how they have calculated the VAT charges. Typical 'cut and paste' customer service reply.
    I bounced the email straight back and told them to read my email more closely and get back to me once they have a satisfactory answer / revised charge.
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I had an irritating conversation with a FedEx rep today, they don’t think they’ve charged me twice even though the lady confirmed my parcels & charges, they won’t refund me?!? Thankfully my bank are happy to take my word for it so FedEx will soon be in touch seeing as they’ll find they don’t have the extra £50+ they took off of me, then I’ll tell them where to go as I’m not paying twice & can prove I’ve paid, even proved it to the less than competent person I spoke to..., nice to know they hire people who have no understanding of what they are doing. lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I had an irritating conversation with a FedEx rep today, they donít think theyíve charged me twice even though the lady confirmed my parcels & charges, they wonít refund me?!? Thankfully my bank are happy to take my word for it so FedEx will soon be in touch seeing as theyíll find they donít have the extra £50+ they took off of me, then Iíll tell them where to go as Iím not paying twice & can prove Iíve paid, even proved it to the less than competent person I spoke to..., nice to know they hire people who have no understanding of what they are doing. lol
    It's a common, worldwide practice nowadays at all levels. I'm still waiting to get paid for my totaled car which this "lady" crashed into two months ago. Geico, the insurance company the other driver had, keeps saying they are conducting an investigation and won't pay me until they're finished, although the police gave the woman the ticket; she was the one at fault. I've just secured a lawyer. Glad to read your bank took your word for it and they're helping you with your situation. But, as long as companies keep hiring people based on "qualifications" other than real knowledge and experience, we'll continue to experience this kind of stupidity.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-09-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Mine just arrived via FedEx (Obi and FN-2199) - "Commodity values" of $140 and $100 stated in the paperwork on the shipping box. Nothing from FedEx yet, but I guess it will be charged at $240 + shipping.

It's a real shame Gentle Giant are making such a beginner's mistake. The value of the products is what we paid... i.e. $150 for the pair retail. This is my note from my Gentle Giant account page:

VERY IMPORTANT: Note for Customs value please either put 'Free Gift' - or put $150 which is what I paid for my PGM membership. DO NOT PUT $240 as this is not what I paid. Many thanks.

I haven't opened them yet and it's great to have a new Obi-Wan.

Maybe we should all return our orders and ask for "our $240" to be credited to our accounts... maybe then they'd understand.

Someone in their office should sort this nonsense out. I didn't join the PGM 2018.

I still love Gentle Giant's products... but really!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    Mine just arrived via FedEx (Obi and FN-2199) - "Commodity values" of $140 and $100 stated in the paperwork on the shipping box. Nothing from FedEx yet, but I guess it will be charged at $240 + shipping.

It's a real shame Gentle Giant are making such a beginner's mistake. The value of the products is what we paid... i.e. $150 for the pair retail. This is my note from my Gentle Giant account page:

VERY IMPORTANT: Note for Customs value please either put 'Free Gift' - or put $150 which is what I paid for my PGM membership. DO NOT PUT $240 as this is not what I paid. Many thanks.

I haven't opened them yet and it's great to have a new Obi-Wan.

Maybe we should all return our orders and ask for "our $240" to be credited to our accounts... maybe then they'd understand.

Someone in their office should sort this nonsense out. I didn't join the PGM 2018.

I still love Gentle Giant's products... but really!!
    Could not have said it better myself Dunk.
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123