Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Kathleen Kennedy days are numbered..

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    I don't think some of you should be allowed to watch films.

Taken from Twitter:
    I won't even quote that trash from that twitter account. That guy is no authority on anything, especially Star Wars.
    You Tubers have been having a field day with him. Completely discredited.

And that garbage Esquire article.

Cool, thanks.
    Last edited by Internets; 07-16-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Problem it GL was wishy washy during story writing, so that's possibly why we see very different paths that he's taking. Some people see Luke one way, and others see it another. Luke's stance was always about redemption up until the final duel, so why would it change all of a sudden?

Perhaps if it was a matter of life or death situation, maybe he would had to deal the death blow to survive. But Luke was never really in that position personally.

Also, if were a simple matter of person versus person in a normal sense things would be different. But Luke had Jedi training to aid him, and there's a whole other side of things to consider that go along with that aspect. Some of you only see what was on screen, and the final script. But other people have years of EU material that we have absorbed, which causes some different theories for events based on that lore.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

In one early version of the draft, Luke picks up Vader's mask and says, "I'm DV now" so at one point, Lucas was considering having Luke go fully dark.

Intent is a heavy word but one I don't think applies here.

When Vader threatened Leia, Luke just loses it. He is not acting rationally. His actions are not skilled, but brute blind darkside anger*. Vader goes on the defensive and Luke hacks away until Vader is literally disarmed.

With the immediate threat removed, the reptilian part of Luke's brain is satisfied and Luke becomes aware again. He sees what his rage as wrought. He is free to make a conscious choice.

I don't think Luke was making a conscious choice one way or the other.

People might not like Luke's arc in TLJ, but the truth is, he LOST every (Jedi) saber fight he was involved in (including in Ben's bedroom).

The Jedi way was is ONLY for defense, and when he finally battles Ren on Crait, he only acts in defense.

Earlier, He casually throws his lightsaber away because he realizes it is the source of all his failings. People might not like it or agree, but (IMO) Luke did act in character as he was wiser and not rash. The Jedi were still seen as active and not defensive agents (regardless of the will of the Force). That was wrong so the Jedi had to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    The Jedi way was is ONLY for defense, and when he finally battles Ren on Crait, he only acts in defense.
    His ability to Force project could also be seen as a symbolic gesture to 'grow' beyond lightsabers. On a side note, it remains to be seen if Kylo Ren will ever learn Force lightning or projection for that matter. Or perhaps he knows already how to discipline certain powers that he didn't reveal to Snoke. We shall see....we shall see.....
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-17-2018 at 05:41 AM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post
    I won't even quote that trash from that twitter account. That guy is no authority on anything, especially Star Wars.
    You Tubers have been having a field day with him. Completely discredited.

And that garbage Esquire article.
    I'll bite why is that guy discredited?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516