Thread: Character Key for SDCC 2018 - Is the line truly DEAD?

Character Key for SDCC 2018 - Is the line truly DEAD?

For some reason I could not remember if the Character Key line died last year or if ACME said their was a chance at an offer for this year or not.

Is the line officially dead?

I hope not :/

soooo many characters they need to get to
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

I thought the line was dead . I plan on selling my set shortly on the classifieds. Have a bunch in storage and no more room to display them.

Shotgnz

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Jo_Dai View Post
    For some reason I could not remember if the Character Key line died last year or if ACME said their was a chance at an offer for this year or not.

Is the line officially dead?
    I emailed Acme and this was their response...

"No new character keys are set to release at comic-con however we will have a stock of older character keys available for purchase. We're currently in the early stages of some big reveals when it comes to character keys and sadly this means there will be no new releases in time for comic-con."

So perhaps a relaunch at Celebration?
    Would love to get my hands on a Hotwheels 2015 Celebration exclusive R2-KT
    Looking for new How Wheels Solo Character cars; Qira, Enfys Nest, Range Trooper and Han Solo's Speeder
    .MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by darthjaybo View Post

"No new character keys are set to release at comic-con however we will have a stock of older character keys available for purchase. We're currently in the early stages of some big reveals when it comes to character keys and sadly this means there will be no new releases in time for comic-con."

Thanks for the info...

An interesting comment. I wonder what we'll see?

Interesting, perhaps they're bring back a few oldies and seeing if they can get a renewed interest in the line?
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

I think its dead. Can't see them ever returning.

I need three keys, I thin, to complete the run.

They were fun to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjaybo View Post

Why aren't you like other kids? Break-dancing and wearing bell-bottoms and playing the Donkey Kongs?

You need three keys that you missed a chance to order or you want three more specific characters to be made into keys?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
    I think its dead. Can't see them ever returning.

I need three keys, I thin, to complete the run.

They were fun to collect.
    Would love to get my hands on a Hotwheels 2015 Celebration exclusive R2-KT
    Looking for new How Wheels Solo Character cars; Qira, Enfys Nest, Range Trooper and Han Solo's Speeder
    .MY FEEDBACK

hi shotgnz i would be interested in the keys