Thread: Star Wars Podcast: JW Rinzler Interview

Star Wars Podcast: JW Rinzler Interview

Hey guys, I've started a Star Wars podcast but that solely focuses on interviews with the cast, crew and creators of the saga. Didn't really want to self-publicize on here too much but this week's episode was at least relevant ... so, I thought, why not?

This week's episode was with one of my favorite Star Wars authors, J.W. Rinzler and I am super proud of it. I wanted to share it with the RS fam, especially with episodes featuring Terry Brooks and Timothy Zahn coming in the next months.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...414208651&mt=2
    Libsyn: http://talkingbay94.libsyn.com/

Sounds great. I’ll be sure to check them out.

Awesome. Thanks!
    Can't wait for the Zahn one. Can you post on here when you put these up?
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Of course! I'm very excited (and nervous!) ... he's been my favorite author since i was 12.

Thanks for checking it out, all!

Most enjoyable. Thank you for posting. Rinzler's books have been a valuable insight, into the making of my favorite films of all time.
    Curious as to why there wasn't a discussion about the post-Lucas Star Wars "making of" books? We are yet to see one.
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

Sounds lovely.. Just a quick question.. when you are interviewing Zahn, can you possibly ask him whether if the switch from Lucas to Disney had any negative effect on his approach to his new Thrawn novel (including the upcoming sequel) I mean was there a Disney intervention regarding the storyline or creative direction? I am asking this because I am a huge fan of the original Thrawn Trilogy (I humbly think it is the best EU book(s) period) but his follow up on Thrawn was not received with as high a praise as his original trilogy.. so I started to think is evil donald duck (and even more evil Kathleen Kennedy) behind this as well...
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    Sounds lovely.. Just a quick question.. when you are interviewing Zahn, can you possibly ask him whether if the switch from Lucas to Disney had any negative effect on his approach to his new Thrawn novel (including the upcoming sequel) I mean was there a Disney intervention regarding the storyline or creative direction? I am asking this because I am a huge fan of the original Thrawn Trilogy (I humbly think it is the best EU book(s) period) but his follow up on Thrawn was not received with as high a praise as his original trilogy.. so I started to think is evil donald duck (and even more evil Kathleen Kennedy) behind this as well...

^This. I felt the same thing about that book. He felt like secondary character in HIS OWN BOOK.
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

And I am strongly considering this is 'Kathleen Kennedy's intervention because the primary character was a female... just like Lando's activist droid

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNoodleBoy View Post
    ^This. I felt the same thing about that book. He felt like secondary character in HIS OWN BOOK.
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru