Thread: Do you like midichlorians? Cuz George Lucas sure did!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you like midichlorians? Cuz George Lucas sure did!

Last edited by Mildoo; 06-13-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    The Original Star Wars trilogy is about the biggest band of SJWs the galaxy has ever seen, saving the galaxy from the Empire.

Begun the Lucas ideas for ST vs Disney ST wars have...

That barely explains anything..leave it to Mildoo though he or "it" is a disney cheerleader.
    Here lies 'Star Wars' it was 36 years old.
    May 25th, 1977-
    March 7th, 2014

GL has said in past interviews on how various human cultures have basic roots in myth and legend. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's what GL was trying to tell within the SW universe, but I think trying to do that IMPO robs the mystique of what the Force is....kind of trying to prove the existence of God/creation through the scientific method.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Short answer for me is No.

It was poorly executed, and prolly the weakest new concept introduced in TPM.

Let the past die George.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    GL has said in past interviews on how various human cultures have basic roots in myth and legend. Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's what GL was trying to tell within the SW universe, but I think trying to do that IMPO robs the mystique of what the Force is....kind of trying to prove the existence of God/creation through the scientific method.
    While I agree. I do feel that the microbiotic idea does have merit, there are vastly more microorganisms than other life forms. Though I do feel it would have been boring aspect to pursue. In Star Wars, this isn't the scientific world of Star Trek! lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

The Whills and midichlorians were one and the same? Huh.

Less intrigued by the Whills now.
    Wanted to buy (or trade for): Toynami Thundarr the Barbarian: Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla (all three, loose and complete or carded, but figures in NM/M condition). PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    While I agree. I do feel that the microbiotic idea does have merit, there are vastly more microorganisms than other life forms. Though I do feel it would have been boring aspect to pursue. In Star Wars, this isn't the scientific world of Star Trek! lol
    it would have been more like "Horton Hears a Who" than Star Trek. the Journal of the Whills would have been written by tiny little 'Who People' called Midichlorians. they would have their own society and their own Mayor (pronounced "M'air" by Jim Carrey).
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

If someone would have told me 5 years ago the ideas for the ST included Leia flying and Luke being cranky, depressed, green milk from 4 ******d beast drinking hermit that tried to murder his own nephew who died while in the Matrix...I would have thought "Jeeze that would suck"

Actually these ideas DID suck...so whatever.
    Last edited by HothHan; 06-14-2018 at 06:30 AM.