Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebooted Original Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Crossovers are the last gasp of the imaginatively moribund. Like Anakin said, "I hate them."
    The entire MCU is nothing but crossovers

*sighs

If you were right, you'd prove my point, becuase I am not a fan of that either particularly.

But you aren't, because the internal fantasy universe remains self-contained. Hulks can mix with X-Men as much as they want for all I care.

Samurai stormtroopers? Sh1te.
    May you live in interesting times.

*sighs

If you were right, you'd prove my point, becuase I am not a fan of that either particularly.

But you aren't, because the internal fantasy universe remains self-contained. Hulks can mix with X-Men as much as they want for all I care.

Samurai stormtroopers? Sh1te.
    Is there anything you don't hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    How much dead space is in ANH though? Yes, there are a lot of characters that could follow. But the main story has always been about Skywalker.
    That is why it is necessary for the spin-offs to succeed, to take us beyond that.
    Perhaps dead space wasn't the right phrase. Guess I should say the action beats are very brief until they get to the Death Star. It's just a product of budget and it being the 70s. Doesn't really matter though because a reboot is a horrible idea at this point. Maybe 50 years from now and only if the movies look beyond dated.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    The entire MCU is nothing but crossovers
    This gets very overstated in my opinion. Phase One was all self contained movies because it wasn't entirely known how moviegoers would take to B characters. Only crossovers were Nick Fury and credit scenes. Phase Two had crossover but even then Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are self contained. You don't need to see Dr Strange to understand what's going on in Black Panther and so on.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    This gets very overstated in my opinion. Phase One was all self contained movies because it wasn't entirely known how moviegoers would take to B characters. Only crossovers were Nick Fury and credit scenes. Phase Two had crossover but even then Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are self contained. You don't need to see Dr Strange to understand what's going on in Black Panther and so on.
    Well that's the point I'm trying to make phase 1 was all self contained and then they had the big crossover event in Avengers.

Doing something they had never done before maiking a huge cross over movie with a these characters from single movies.

Since the end of the 1 it's become more integrated

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    Is there anything you don't hate?
    Good Star Wars films.
    May you live in interesting times.

Good Star Wars films.
    Well played sir well played

We need more Luke movies about as much as we need more background on all the other characters that have had 3 movies with them in it.

I agree a post ROTJ trilogy might have been neat. But not without Hamill as Luke. If you're gonna recast all the OT characters just to make one-off movies, then you might as well just reboot the whole dame thing...
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    We need more Luke movies about as much as we need more background on all the other characters that have had 3 movies with them in it.

I agree a post ROTJ trilogy might have been neat. But not without Hamill as Luke. If you're gonna recast all the OT characters just to make one-off movies, then you might as well just reboot the whole dame thing...

The time for a original cast of Luke and the gang centric, post return of the jedi movie passed decades ago. I'm with you in wanting to get as far away from Luke and company as soon as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123