Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: SDCC #3 Gwenpool Animated Statue

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandHan View Post
    Or maybe your vision was of Vision...the Avenger...in animated form...as a bookend.
    Haha! Possibly. Hard to see the Darkside is.

I just hope it is not a Star Wars mini bust tomorrow. After getting into a car accident a few days ago (thanks to a lady driving while looking at her cell phone getting in front of me), my Camry was totaled. I found a new one at a good price, but it is four hours away from Miami in Orlando. When tomorrow's exclusive item goes up for preorder I'll be on the road driving to get the new car, so I won't have a chance to order it if it happens to be a McQuarrie mini bust.
    Last edited by LightSword; 06-12-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post

I just hope it is not a Star Wars mini bust tomorrow. After getting into a car accident a few days ago (thanks to a lady driving while looking at her cell phone getting in front of me), my Camry was totaled. I found a new one at a good price, but it is four hours away from Miami in Orlando. When tomorrow's exclusive item goes up for preorder I'll be on the road driving to get the new car, so I won't have a chance to order it if it happens to be a McQuarrie mini bust.
    Where does an anti-social media person find out when and where these are getting announced?
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope you're okay. As for the next announcement, do we know for sure that it's happening tomorrow? I thought Daniel said that just the first 2 announcements would be smushed into the first week and that all the others would be announced 1 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    Where does an anti-social media person find out when and where these are getting announced?
    Haha! I guess we are on the same boat ... I have no idea. That's why I'm trying to find out about it tomorrow. I guess it would be through one of their media partner sites where they'll be announced, but then again, nothing has been said about tomorrow so, I'm lost. I'll try to give them a call as soon as they open and see what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by LB75Player View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident and hope you're okay. As for the next announcement, do we know for sure that it's happening tomorrow? I thought Daniel said that just the first 2 announcements would be smushed into the first week and that all the others would be announced 1 per week.
    Thanks for your empathy and understanding. I have some bruises on my right leg and a cut on my left hand, but nothing extreme. The three airbags on the driver's side protected me from the impact. Not happy losing my car, but life isn't perfect and the show must go on. As for the next announcement, my understanding was there would be one this Wednesday, but I could be wrong. This is what Daniel mentioned last week right before the announcements started:

That's the deal, that's what we're gonna announce right now is we're gonna start talking Comic Con 2018 on Monday. Those are gonna be the first announcements then another non Star Wars one on Wednesday, but it will follow the same sort of pattern, so Monday will announce the Star Wars item. It'll start being able for Platinum to order right then for 24 hours. It's probably going to go live around noon Pacific Standard Time. That's what we are looking at doing for all of these right now if we can get all our media partners to participate properly. So noon PST and that'll start the 24 hour clock for the the PG Platinum members and then the following day noon, it will be again PST, for the Gold Members and noon PST for Silver members, but then this week will be the kind of funky one where we announce Silver members they can start buying and then we'll announce that other item and Platinum Members if it's something you are interested in, you can start purchasing that right then so. That's the deal.
    Last edited by LightSword; 06-13-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Man, I am sorry to hear about your car . Though I am happy you got out of it with just some minor injuries. Cellphones SUCK.

It's clearly money that keeps them from being banned on the road while driving. Some states have had bans for years (New Jersey, Delaware, DC-not a state I know), but where I live now all the morons are on them all the time too. My wife had this idiot come into our lane on a 65MPH freeway reading her phone and she laid on the horn, had to move a lane over and the clueless teen looked confused why she got honked at !?
    "He's no good to me dead"

My spider sense tells me the next announcement will be for a non-human character(although the vision is not too clear) ... Maybe Tessek or maybe and Ewok?
    The holiday item is also going to be shown at SDCC too so there’s more to look forward to than just a McQuarrie exclusive. Looking forward to seeing Amanaman painted rather than just a computer image, Tessek would be nice too though & Ewoks??? Now your just making me want lots of stuff. lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Man, I am sorry to hear about your car . Though I am happy you got out of it with just some minor injuries. Cellphones SUCK.

It's clearly money that keeps them from being banned on the road while driving. Some states have had bans for years (New Jersey, Delaware, DC-not a state I know), but where I live now all the morons are on them all the time too. My wife had this idiot come into our lane on a 65MPH freeway reading her phone and she laid on the horn, had to move a lane over and the clueless teen looked confused why she got honked at !?
    Thanks, Trav. The law here does not allow people to use a wireless communication device such as tablets and cell phones while driving. A driver is not supposed to write, send, or read a text message behind the wheel. That said, texting violations are considered secondary offenses, thus an officer cannot pull someone over just for texting. That means a person can be cited for texting while driving only as a result of some other issue like taking a red light or driving erratically. Because the law is so soft in that sense and people know it, they overlook it and text while driving all the time. I travel frequently throughout the state, and I can tell you the worst drivers are in Miami, even the statistics shows this city as one of the places in the entire country with the worst drivers. Here also most people are walking around with their heads buried in their cell phones, away from the rest of the world. You go to a shopping mall, for instance, they are walking in front of the cars looking at their cells, which is crazy. Same thing they do when they drive, hence why accidents such as the one I was in are common around here. Going but what you are telling me, the "disease" has also spread to Texas. I'm assuming it must be a nation-wide thing.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    The holiday item is also going to be shown at SDCC too so there’s more to look forward to than just a McQuarrie exclusive. Looking forward to seeing Amanaman painted rather than just a computer image, Tessek would be nice too though & Ewoks??? Now your just making me want lots of stuff. lol
    Well, I said the vision was not clear. May be an Ewok, may be a Jawa ...it's something of a short stature Indeed it'd be nice to see a painted prototype of Amanaman. I need to make sure it wasn't painted purple with a bright red staff, you know.

* By the way, I got an email two days ago saying my preorder of Yavin Leia has been updated to awaiting shipment. I'm guessing they have received it and will be shipped soon.

My Feedback

Alright, folks. If an announcement for another exclusive gets made today I won't be around to preorder it. That said, I wish everyone here good luck getting to it, if it happens to be of your liking. I'm on my way to buy my car, four hours away from home. Here we go Florida's Turnpike!

My Feedback

Next announcement will be Monday 6/18 at noon PST. And this one WILL be a Star Wars item... and a mini bust.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast