Thread: I was promised the great revival of this board...

I was promised the great revival of this board...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1105935

Many of you said whern i asked about rebelscum traffic that a golden age of traffic is coming with all the amazing Disney stuff.

All i see is misery, politcs and cliques.
    Last edited by Gormak_Breen; 06-11-2018 at 10:04 AM.

That's what all the traffic has been, and there's been tons of it. So from a certain point of view, board activity was revitalized.
    As for me, what I posted in that topic is still about where I am. An EU fan with nearly no one to discuss anything with. Occasionally someone asks about what to read, and I've been providing them links to past discussions.
    A few months back we had a couple pretty good conversations going. Member Jadesfire133336b started up lots of topics all over the boards, vintage, EU, action figures, and was something of a breath of fresh air. But now that I look they haven't posted in over a month.
    All I can say is that if you want to read about certain topics, sometimes you have to generate them and steer them in a direction with your words, and others will pop up and contribute.
    In the topic I was thinking of, one member replied with something of a wise guy statement, but no one responded to them, and the topic kept going as it was, it never turned into nastiness.
    Last edited by Sizzzler; 06-11-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

promised by whom?
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 06-12-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    promised by whom?
    The optimists in my old thread which is linked in the OP.

Okay...

This site was a 3.75" star wars toy site, after the 3.75" line died people just stopped caring and left. The Disney era isn't great either. The movies and toys are really lame and cheap. The golden era was the PT era and Post-PT trilogy era.

Sure the standard 3.75" line(Vintage) is kinda coming back...but it's just really not that good.
    Here lies 'Star Wars' it was 36 years old.
    May 25th, 1977-
    March 7th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing_Well View Post
    This site was a 3.75" star wars toy site, after the 3.75" line died people just stopped caring and left. The Disney era isn't great either. The movies and toys are really lame and cheap. The golden era was the PT era and Post-PT trilogy era.

Sure the standard 3.75" line(Vintage) is kinda coming back...but it's just really not that good.
    This makes me sad. Sad that I feel the same way. Rebelscum, Galactichunter, Yakface... these were sites that had all the news and discussion. A lot of it was 3 3/4" though, and even if the 6" line starts going nuts like Marvel Legends, it's just not the same because we aren't going to get the deep background characters or EU characters that were fun to discuss. No more Darth Talon, L8-L9, Horox Ryyder, Covert Ops Clone Troopers, McQuarrie Chewbacca, Wioslea, or Sarrissa Jeng.

Where are the Battle Packs or Screen Scenes or Comic Packs or even vehicles or beasts? Show a blue X-wing on screen and then don't sell one? I know we got a Rathtar... but it was a full 2 years after the movie. We're getting a tank from RO (2016) in 2018.

And don't get me started on the last couple releases of the Millennium Falcon. Honestly why bother.
    Last edited by keknivek; 06-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

The story interactions of the recent movies involving characters/vehicles has been lackluster at times from my personal POV. For example, I had no desire to get the TLJ Ski-speeder, even under conditions when price was an incentive down to around $11 (and yet I'm a free-admitting bargain enthusiast), yet many still hung around Targets for example which was a reflection that collectors simply didn't want them. Now regarding Solo as another example, Range troopers were cool and everything, but got very little screen time, yet I'd prefer to get those Vandor probe droids instead. To me, that was just as a pivotal scene which I think warrants something in plastic which we may or may not get.

As far as battle packs, I don't know if Hasbro got steered off doing those when Hasbro did them for the GI Joe Retaliation line which admittedly ended up at discount like Ross....bottom line, there's too much cherrypicking by the folks at Hasbro regarding the franchise at this point.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas