Thread: ROTJ 48 backs

ROTJ 48 backs

Haven't posted in a while,I was just wondering if anyone noticed a big jump in prices for ROTJ 48 backs with the Nein Numb offer and if so why,thanks

How big? Got a % ? Got Nein Numb?
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

Quote Originally Posted by mish View Post
    Haven't posted in a while,I was just wondering if anyone noticed a big jump in prices for ROTJ 48 backs with the Nein Numb offer and if so why,thanks
    Think it's because due to the batch of bubbles manufactured...most of them are clear....

which is an anomaly on ROTJ cards...

Darren
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

I started this run in about 2007. Got around halfway and then had to sell them all (along with a boat load of other good stuff) in 2010 to go to Vegas (error).

Started up again around 2014 and now have 37/48

Mish, I’m sure we’ve had correspondence about these over the years sometime!

Prices have gone up over the years but then again, hasn’t everything.

One that is really noticably expensive is Leia Organa which are now 1,000+ in good condition.

I think they are popular for multiple reasons. The full run is obtainable which is a big one for me. All SW and ESB characters (no jabbas goons to get). Bubbles are frequently clear. Card art is nice. Challenging to find. Certainly my favourite cardback.

Many of the figures are relatively scare. Many are next to impossible to find in excellent condition. For example, in the whole decade I’ve been looking for them, I’ve never seen a mint hoth rebel soldier, 2-1b, Bossk etc.

Value and rarity don’t go hand in hand here either. Boba Fett is relatively common on this cardback compared to others yet demands high prices. Leia Organa is also relatively common. Luke farmboy is both pretty scarce and pretty costly. Yoda is scarce. LXW is scarce. I used to think Obi was scarce but then I had 4 at one time.

Pete (fratboy on here iirc) had (almost?) a full run and sold them on FB a few months ago. I got to the party too late on that one unfortunately! Another RS member had a full set which I believe was broken up.

Are you collecting them now Mish?

Cheers

Ed

Thanks for the replies, I thought it might have had to do with the clear bubbles also but wanted to check.I don't have Nien Numb on a 48 back(wish I did though) but I was able to pick up all 48 so I have a complete set of them.Yes a few are had to find but the last one for me to pick up was the Jawa believe or not.

**Check out the Australian ROTJ 48-backs! It's possible to get Nien Numb (cool card back) , and ERG looks fantabulous!!
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

The Canadian ones are 65 backs as well.