Thread: Botched Boil and Pop Help

Botched Boil and Pop Help

I tried making a PotF2 Speeder Bike Leia with removable helmet, but the head I wanted to use (PotJ Princess Leia Organa General) ripped right off the neck rather than popping out. I bought a replacement figure and it happened again! I guess the plastic is too weak for that method of removal. Any ideas how to use these heads without the post? I want them to be articulated and be able to played with so super glue is not an option. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn07 View Post
    I tried making a PotF2 Speeder Bike Leia with removable helmet, but the head I wanted to use (PotJ Princess Leia Organa General) ripped right off the neck rather than popping out. I bought a replacement figure and it happened again! I guess the plastic is too weak for that method of removal. Any ideas how to use these heads without the post? I want them to be articulated and be able to played with so super glue is not an option. Thanks!
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for necessarily, but Toi Polloi did a video showing how he repaired some vintage Star Wars figures that had lost their heads. Take a look, maybe it's something you could apply to your project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQDZSuxxyI

I figured it out on my own. I drilled a hole into her head, took a screw that had a narrow enough diameter to be put into her head and cut it to size with a hacksaw. The screw's head is a perfect fit in the torso and allows the head to rotate freely and it can't be pulled off even when putting the helmet on and off.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Whoa, great fix idea Katarn. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

One thing to keep in mind is that boil-and-pop usually doesn't work if the torso is made of hard plastic. Removing limbs or heads from a hard plastic torso will usually require cracking the torso open along the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn07 View Post
    I figured it out on my own. I drilled a hole into her head, took a screw that had a narrow enough diameter to be put into her head and cut it to size with a hacksaw. The screw's head is a perfect fit in the torso and allows the head to rotate freely and it can't be pulled off even when putting the helmet on and off.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I did that to make a removable helmet 3.75" BS Rex. It makes it much tighter too.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/