Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VC Mail-Away Ideas Thread

These are all good ideas, but none of them seem to be anything like what Hasbro is focusing on right now. If they did decide to do it, l think we’d see a “new media” character (like Kylo), but without the multiple parts and pack-ins. And it would definitely be a repack or rehash figure, like, well, Kylo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel_Before_Zod View Post
    I still want that Darth Vader funeral pyre that Hasbro teased 10 or 15 years ago.
    I still find this to be interesting also. It would be cool to have something offered that was unique, and kinda scene specific with a couple of figures that could be repacked.

If they choose to do a mail away, and it's a 8th version of Kylo, they'd end up with a bunch of dusty Kylo's in their warehouse. I'd hope they would offer one of Jabba's thugs that's never been released.
    Wish I could afford a Vintage MOC / AFA Tri Logo Boba Fett, but would love to get a HASBRO VC Tri Logo Boba Fett

I could be mistaking, or mis-remembering, but wasn't there a rumor back in 2011ish of a mail-away cantina band member on tvc card? If so, that'd be a cool idea. What I'd pray they don't do is re-visit the "secret: figure" mail-away (originally in 1979/80 was Bossk) but this time to cut costs have Hasbro reps go around to retailers and collect all the 2018 wv1 pegwarmers and randomly ship those out as a "secret" figure and to even make it worse, limit one character (not figure) per household/name/address so those that sent in for 15 secret figs will only get 15 Snokes, LOL
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-15-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Vintage Carded Cantina Band member sounds great to me!
    Wish I could afford a Vintage MOC / AFA Tri Logo Boba Fett, but would love to get a HASBRO VC Tri Logo Boba Fett

I don’t remember exactly, but I think that the last time they did this was The Clone Wars Nahdar Vebb figure, the headstrong Mon Cal padawan guy. That was definitely a new and interesting figure. But things were much different in the toy industry back then. Today, it would be recycled peg-warmers and Kylos for sure! Also, if they did do this, they might decide to cut down on costs by just putting the guy in a small box, vintage style; I know that many of you would prefer something on card, but a box would work if it meant they could afford to do it.

Both retro rocket fett and proto fett came after. But yeah, I recall those little white figure boxes in the mail back in true vintage days. I guess ordering from tunghori on ebay is the closest thing to recreate those wonderful moments, LOL
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-16-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234