Thread: Well... This is a new one...

Well... This is a new one...

I don't know what I'm more confused by--the fact that this exists or the fact that 5 people bid on it.

It's...rare...I guess?
    Last edited by GrandMikeTarkin; 06-06-2018 at 04:55 AM.

I saw that too! I'm so confused on why Kenny would sign a 3P0 photo, when its not his character.
    Last edited by Karkoon; 06-06-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkoon View Post
    I'm so confused on why Kenny would sign a 3P0 photo, when its not his character.
    If I had to guess, based on the seller referring to them as R2D2 photos, as well as the amount of negative feedback they have for selling fake autographs, the answer to your quandary is "he didn't".

Honestly, and I could be wrong, but even if that signature was on a picture of the right character & being sold by someone without all the negs, I wouldn't buy it--it seems off to me.

My question is how stupid you have to be, in this day & age of the internet and SW being as ingrained in pop culture as it is, to think that's a picture of R2D2.

I mean, seriously, how on Earth is someone capable of knowing that Kenny Baker played R2D2, but not know what R2D2 looks like?
    Last edited by GrandMikeTarkin; 06-06-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Or why it would be paired up with a Ben Burtt autograph of C3-P0?

Maybe it's one of those ultra rare "error" autographs. Surprised it went for so low a bid.
    Last edited by sharky; 06-06-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Or why it would be paired up with a Ben Burtt autograph of C3-P0?
    It makes sense if both were forged by someone who was smart enough to look up the names of the 2 people most heavily involved in bringing R2D2 to life on screen, but not smart enough to make sure that the pics of R2D2 that they're forging the signatures on were actually, you know, of R2D2.

If the signatures are actually good (I can't see the Ben Burtt that well due to the rubbing & dark background, and I could, as I said, be wrong on the Baker), then, yeah...I have no idea what's going on.

At the very least, the seller seems to think that 3PO is R2D2.
    Last edited by GrandMikeTarkin; 06-06-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Depends on your point of view.

Never underestimate the power of gullibility.
    Looking for certain Celebration Europe and Japan items. Please PM me to discuss.
    2007 Scummy award-Still surprised about the recognition.