Thread: Celebration Authentication Stickers

Celebration Authentication Stickers

With the sale going on at Star Wars Authentics & Celebration coming to Chicago next year, I'm getting some more photos that, if I end up going, I could add to in the Autograph Hall. (Yes, I know last year was a mess, but I'm hoping that I could cut out some of the problems by bringing my own photos.)

From what I read last year, they were stickering Star Wars items. If the item already had a sticker, as the photos I'm acquiring do, either by being purchased from them ahead of time or by being signed at another table during the convention, did they add a second sticker or were they equipped to just update the one that was already on there?

They just scan the initial sticker and add the extra graphs to that one sticker in their database.

I've seen them add more than one authentication sticker on items last year, so I guess it varies by Topps worker, whether they scan it or add another. For Celebration next year, if you are not adding to your previous bought photos, be precise where you want the sticker. I wasn't, and had a sticker placed on the upper left hand corner of my photo, which happened twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Karkoon View Post
    I wasn't, and had a sticker placed on the upper left hand corner of my photo, which happened twice!
    Wow.

Do you think they'd put it on the back? (I'm guessing not.)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMikeTarkin View Post
    Wow.

Do you think they'd put it on the back? (I'm guessing not.)
    They put it wherever you want it. I had all mine on the back. They also scan the code on it so only one sticker is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by HanHutt View Post
    They put it wherever you want it. I had all mine on the back.
    Oh, that's great to hear.

Most of my stuff will probably already have at least one sticker on it, but this is good news if I also pick up some new shots.

(Assuming, of course, that they continue that trend, which I assume they will.)

Yeah they'll definitely put it on the back. That's what I had done for my Hamill, and the rest, after my 2 pics had had stickers on the top.