Thread: Repro Vintage Action Figures?

Repro Vintage Action Figures?

I know the word "repro" is a no no but what is stopping people with making fakes that are articulated?

https://ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vinta...72.m2749.l2649

I have often wondered this myself. I think those in the ebay listing are basically painted 3D printer jobs. I don't really know how 3D printers work or what their capabilities are. I suppose you could disassemble a figure and do a 3D printing of each part, but would the printer leave the arm and leg holes in the body? I don't know. At some point, someone will figure it out, and that will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    I have often wondered this myself. I think those in the ebay listing are basically painted 3D printer jobs. I don't really know how 3D printers work or what their capabilities are. I suppose you could disassemble a figure and do a 3D printing of each part, but would the printer leave the arm and leg holes in the body? I don't know. At some point, someone will figure it out, and that will be bad.
    Nope a friend of mine got one and it's a solid casting not like plastic casting but that could be next...