Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT remake

but, the PT was no good, remember?

^^^ It wasn’t good.

TPM was brimming with potential, took risks and was visionary in its design aesthetic. And as much as I adore it for that, it wasn’t a good presentation as a film. Anyone that thinks it is is kidding themselves.

I don’t know why so many have to deal in absolutes: OT vs PT; George's SW vs nuSW; Liberals vs Conservatives... One can admire the effort and potential, but not the result. One can enjoy parts of this Prequel and not the whole. And one should be confident enough to be subjective and understand that any criticisms towards the Prequel/Sequel/SE is not a direct criticism of the individual. If someone thinks I’m mentally-challenged for adoring TPM without reading further into why I enjoy it, I couldn’t care any less.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    but, the PT was no good, remember?
    I remember the PT as being GREAT from day one. TPM is my 2nd favourite movie (out of the 7 that count)
    The direct opposite can be said for the ST.

cuz they're full of sith.., that's how they deal! But, agreed, that post was just a wise crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    ^^^ It wasn’t good.

TPM was brimming with potential, took risks and was visionary in its design aesthetic. And as much as I adore it for that, it wasn’t a good presentation as a film. Anyone that thinks it is is kidding themselves.

I don’t know why so many have to deal in absolutes: OT vs PT; George's SW vs nuSW; Liberals vs Conservatives... One can admire the effort and potential, but not the result. One can enjoy parts of this Prequel and not the whole. And one should be confident enough to be subjective and understand that any criticisms towards the Prequel/Sequel/SE is not a direct criticism of the individual. If someone thinks I’m mentally-challenged for adoring TPM without reading further into why I enjoy it, I couldn’t care any less.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 05-24-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    With Disney being Disney, who would stop them from remaking the entire OT for “today’s audience” with “today’s technology”

i mean, we have 3 spider-man and Batman remakes
    So far Disney doesn't have the rights to the first movie, so I doubt it would fly at least until they secured Fox's rights to it. Which by the way... is in the works. Comcast is also reportedly in the running to purchase Fox.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    they could remake ROTJ and I wouldn't complain.
    I love ROTJ but I remember knocking up a ROTJ remake idea ages ago. I can't remember much other than it opened with Lando and Chewie going to Tatooine. Luke and Leia follow (in a Y-Wing) but Luke hears Obi-Wan and goes to Dagobah instead (with Leia, which pisses her off because she wants to go and save Han). They do a sort of call back to Empire in having a vision and wanting to go and save friends only this time they get Yoda's blessing (to signify that his training is complete). There was no Death Star II and the ending was on and around Coruscant, with a big shield around that (the writers of Rogue One must have found my idea somehow).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234