Thread: Sideshow repair

Sideshow repair

So, I finally received my very first 1/4 scale piece today, but it has been a bitter sweet experience.

This morning I opened up my Sandtrooper Exclusive 1/4 premium, but soon discovered after removing all the pieces that there were some broken parts. His right shoulder armour was snapped off, his second backpack strap was detached and the Wamp Rat had a snapped leg and ear. To say I was gutted was an understatement. I put the piece together (minus the damaged parts) and immediately fell in love with it. Such a beautiful item (movie inaccuracies aside).

I’m really not sure what to do next though, as the trooper was sealed so it wasn’t the sellers fault. I have the option of sending it back for a refund, but think I might struggle to find another one in new condition within the UK. I have seen photos of similar damage in the same area, so it must be fairly common? Also, I’m not that bothered about the Wamp Rat as it’s definitely the weak link of the piece, and the Shoulder Armour damage once glued will be hidden underneath his Pauldron.

I’m thinking of keeping it and trying to do a repair, what do you guys think?

What sort of glue would I need to repair this kind of thing, is it polystone?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Darthbooth1978; 05-18-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I think superglue can do wonders. Personally I prefer my items without any damage, but if you cannot find another, then try gluing the parts together.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Yeah, I’m gutted that it’s damaged as I’m very picky too, and if I know something isn’t quite right it can sometimes grind on me, but the shoulder bell will be well hidden by the Pauldron, so I’m not as bothered this morning as I was yesterday. I’ve seen another for auction on eBay in the states and it has the exact same damage to the shoulder armour.

The seller has been good and told me to send it back, but I’ve asked them instead for a partial refund to which they seem happy to do if I want.

I suppose this is always going to be the risk when getting these fragile/valuable items through the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    I think superglue can do wonders. Personally I prefer my items without any damage, but if you cannot find another, then try gluing the parts together.