Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help: Display Cover Question for MR Falcon and eFX Tie

Quote Originally Posted by bighead5 View Post
    What does it cost to have these acrylic covers made and what's the best place to have them done? Any help would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from a place in Dallas TX that Phil Wise uses. They had the exact base dimensions from Philip, so all you had to do was choose how tall you wanted it to be. I think it was around $500 or so.

High Admiral

Went to my local Tap Plastics yesterday. I wanted two of the top edges rolled like the covers that came with the MR Snowspeeder and MR AT-AT. They called it a "heat bend". The eFX Tie Fighter cover was $250 and the MR Falcon cover was $350. I went with 22 1/2" and 14 1/4" heights, respectively. I'll post pics once I get them in a couple of weeks. I thought cost-wise, it was about right when I was there. Now seeing dlogix's post above, maybe I got a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post
    Went to my local Tap Plastics yesterday. I wanted two of the top edges rolled like the covers that came with the MR Snowspeeder and MR AT-AT. They called it a "heat bend". The eFX Tie Fighter cover was $250 and the MR Falcon cover was $350. I went with 22 1/2" and 14 1/4" heights, respectively. I'll post pics once I get them in a couple of weeks. I thought cost-wise, it was about right when I was there. Now seeing dlogix's post above, maybe I got a deal?
    ^ I had to have it shipped from Texas to Georgia, so that's probably the difference if you had it locally sourced...

It is indeed a very good deal! I have paid 450 Euro for my MR Falcon Acrylic Display Case shipped from Germany to Austria.

Best regards from Austria,

Alex

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by dlogix View Post
    ^ I had to have it shipped from Texas to Georgia, so that's probably the difference if you had it locally sourced...
    That makes sense. The falcon cover is a beast and it being fragile doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Solo View Post
    It is indeed a very good deal! I have paid 450 Euro for my MR Falcon Acrylic Display Case shipped from Germany to Austria.

Best regards from Austria,

Alex
    Whoa! More proof that international collectors have it rough!

Quote Originally Posted by dlogix View Post
    I got mine from a place in Dallas TX that Phil Wise uses. They had the exact base dimensions from Philip, so all you had to do was choose how tall you wanted it to be. I think it was around $500 or so.
    Wow, that's pretty pricey even including shipping! I was hoping to get something for less than that! Thanks for your help though!!!

Yeah, those prices seem more realistic to me! Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12