Thread: Supreme Leader Snoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Supreme Leader Snoke

The 5POA Supreme Leader Snoke from the BB8 toy set is getting reissued on a basic card in wave 2 of the Han Solo line. A much more affordable way to get him if you don't want the vintage version.

I'm curious -- do the Force Link 2.0 versions of these rereleased figures say unique phrases? Or are they the same phrases (same RFID code) as the 1.0 issues?

I found him today, along with Leia, Moloch and Kylo. The top of the bubble is already separated from the card, but it's taped down on the 3 other sides, so I bought him.
    Wish I could afford a Vintage MOC / AFA Tri Logo Boba Fett, but would love to get a HASBRO VC Tri Logo Boba Fett

Why on earth would they release this at the exact same time as an SA version? Seriously, what is Hasbro thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    Why on earth would they release this at the exact same time as an SA version? Seriously, what is Hasbro thinking?
    In all reality, they've been doing it for years, since TFA. We'd have the same character / outfit in both the basic line and SA line. The basic version is a less expensive alternative. I bought both, because they look nothing alike. I do think its a poor choice for secondary characters like Snoke though. The basic figure should have been carded in the TLJ line.

I've found this one on eBay with a reasonable shipping price, so I'm waiting for the package now. I like the fact that Snoke is taller than other figures, but I guess that's nothing new with the 3.75 inch, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    Moreover, I'm a bit surprised Hasbro didn't employ their usual shrewd marketing approach by just putting a 5POA Snoke into a multipack for example packed with some more unreleased Praetorian guards, thus somewhat forcing the hand of collectors to get the rest of the guards. All that Hasbro succeeded in this case was wasting one more basic figure slot.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas