Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Obi Wan movie, legit?

Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post
    He hasn't seen the movie yet. He's guessing about the movie. It's called a discussion, not spoilers.
    Everybody needs to calm down.
    Dude, spoiler reviews are out, multiple plot summaries are out, this is a spoiler. One I already knew, soooo I'm not that bothered.
    "That's a nice planet killer. But I'll break it so you'll never see the Super Laser on it again... by that, I mean I'll break your Death Star.
    -Jotaro Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post
    He hasn't seen the movie yet. He's guessing about the movie. It's called a discussion, not spoilers.
    Everybody needs to calm down.
    No. It was obviously a spoiler as confirmed by the posts right below it.

I know the movie has been seen already and spoilers are out there but with this place being a somewhat small community you would think there would be some sense of consideration for other members who might not want to have every detail spoiled.

As nice as it would be to see Ewan as Ben again, I don't see the potential within the storyline.

- Tatooine... again? Worse, a movie set entirely on Tatooine? It was bad enough that Tatooine featured in the prequels; this was supposed to be a boring, dead, mind-numbing, backwater, nothing-ever-happens world that Luke was trying to escape. Oh yes, let's fill that planet with tons of adventures Luke never ever heard of, and everyone else conveniently forgot.

- Obi-Wan's story is told. We know where he came from, we know where he will go, we know what kind of person he is. Sure, you can do an adventure movie starring him, but we won't get any character development out of him any more. There is no huge break in his personality between Ep3 and Ep4 that would justify a movie being told about it. Storytelling is about character arcs; Obi-Wan's is a line in that timeframe.

- No spaceships? No different worlds? No dogfights? Doesn't feel too starwarsy to me.

- There are not even any major events happening that could be covered. The "Solo" movie has some of these (whether you asked for them or not... they are there), but Ben's 19 years on Tatooine don't.

The book "Kenobi" covered quite well what would be possible in this framing, and that put another character into focus for much of its length. What's worse is that it felt unnecessary; I didn't learn anything new; it just didn't matter in the end whether I had read it or not. Not that it was a bad book, it was just hollow - the person with a story arc was inconsequential for the saga, and my heart was not with her, and the person I wanted to learn new things about was often relegated to the sidelines.

Sure, you can make a movie about Obi-Wan on Tatooine; it might even be flashy and full of action and feature Jabba the Hutt and some of the original Cantina aliens; yet what would its heart be? I have the feeling it would be just as hollow.

Oh, whom am I kidding, of course Disney will make that.

I was guessing. I had no idea it was real.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-18-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    That plot synopsis from TMZ is the exact plot for the Kenobi Legends book. Like word for word.

It's fake.
    yep. You beat me to it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/dont-get-too...f-r-1826121078
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    No. It was obviously a spoiler as confirmed by the posts right below it.

I know the movie has been seen already and spoilers are out there but with this place being a somewhat small community you would think there would be some sense of consideration for other members who might not want to have every detail spoiled.
    it's to be expected from them
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    I was guessing. I had no idea it was real.
    That's just it. He shouldn't even be in it! Yet it's some kind of spoiler?

A spoiler would be leaking something important regarding the fate of the characters this movie is actually about. Or events that take place in it.
    But a cameo from a character who does not belong in this movie?

We can't always put spoiler tags on everything we discuss in jest. Otherwise we've probably already ruined half of the future movies by now simply by discussing possible scenarios.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Emelia Clarke betrays han and steals the escape pod from the front of the falcon. spoiler alert? or "just a guess".

answer: "just a guess". in truth.. I haven't seen this movie.. so I can't actually "spoil" it.. sorry, not sorry.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    Emelia Clarke betrays han and steals the escape pod from the front of the falcon. spoiler alert? or "just a guess".

answer: "just a guess". in truth.. I haven't seen this movie.. so I can't actually "spoil" it.. sorry, not sorry.

think you're replacing darthmickeymoose as my favorite parody account.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345