Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon hoarding

Hoard on! It's the repros that drive me to gather as many originals as I can. Those suckers are getting pretty good and I don't think we're too far away from the day when we can't tell them apart. Also, nice collection Jedi534^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    Even though hoarding mere weapons may sound silly, I bet there's over 2000 dollars in there.

Sometimes you get lucky to get weapons without owners, I have a dozen or two. But I'll always give them to weaponless extras before selling them...
    Last edited by Lex; 05-12-2018 at 02:54 AM.
    My feedback
    "They're sh*t." - Phil Tippett on Star Wars Blu-rays

Lieutenant Commander LikeABossk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    This is absolutely amazing. I'm currently hoarding any rebel or imperial blasters, some variants, and the rarer ones, but happy to part with Bespin, Snowtrooper, and other more common ones. But wow...I can't get over how awesome this is.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABossk View Post
    This is absolutely amazing. I'm currently hoarding any rebel or imperial blasters, some variants, and the rarer ones, but happy to part with Bespin, Snowtrooper, and other more common ones. But wow...I can't get over how awesome this is.
    Yeah, every vintage collection should include a separate vintage weapon collection! One of each weapon/accessory including variants!
    Last edited by Jedi534; 05-12-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

I recently started working on a master set of weapon variants independent of my figure collection. It is pretty challenging!

The more weapons less figures get sold the more people will make repos. Figures should come with weapons, most collectors will buy the weapon to go with the figures anyway. Why separate them, they are going to other collectors. I don't like to see people separate playsets and ships, this is no different. It is a never ending cycle to buy incomplete items then have to buy another item to complete the first. I can see if the item is damaged but just to make a buck is kind of shameful. We should be helping our community complete their collections.
    He's no good to me open!

Whatís the deal with greenish blue aqua green translucent blasters? Iíve gone through them and found leiaís and several blasters that had a green see-through-esk appearance

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGeneral View Post
    What’s the deal with greenish blue aqua green translucent blasters? I’ve gone through them and found leia’s and several blasters that had a green see-through-esk appearance
    Those are the early weapons. Earliest weapons are way more green but the vast majority of early weapons are blue/green aqua like you describe. Typically only the Solo, Imperial, Chewie and Leia blasters will be available that way. Sometimes you'll see little black specks inside them which is kinda neat. My favorite translucent blasters would be from the Empire era. Some of the blue weapons are really see-thru and swirly!
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

I have the first 12 that I want to sell to use monetarily to build the rest of my collection, Leoa organs has a green, Death Star commander and stormtrooper has a green blaster, I wondering if these weapon variants will boost the sale of the first 12, so I can use that money to by particularly expensive pieces that I do not currently work have
    Last edited by RebelGeneral; 05-14-2018 at 11:38 PM.

weapons are hard to come by , hoard away . I have a stash in case I get another variant on the cheap with no weapon . that's some pic
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12