Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Closed: MR ROTJ Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 Signature Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Holocron View Post
    The last 2 lines says it all. Until Solo posted with an actual price, we only had a n=1. My purchase. You can’t have a RANGE (see above) or any insight, like I asked, until you at least have a n=2. So all of you responded said the value (range) is $1600 and even implied I overpaid (which I may have). But I felt your comments way off target based on other sales I’ve made and seen of less rare MR hilts. That coupled with Solo’s post and I feel I did OK.

Solo posted $2650euro— around $3150 or so US.

Just a n=2 now from an avid collector, Solo, and now the range is $1750 to $3150.

So back to my original post to get an idea of price range on a piece I rarely see for sale I wanted some insight on how I did. If the avg price for the last 10 was $1300 I didn’t do very well and Solo did really bad. If the average price of the last 10 was $3500 then Solo did well and I did exceptionally well......based on the sale price.

I feel as if the force would work well on you.

These aren’t he prices I’m looking for. Move along

I will definitely move along after that incoherent mess...
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Asking for prices checks has always been a touchy subject on the forum. It is exactly this kind of debate that led to a forum rule requiring all other sources be exhausted before asking forum members. I understand that for this particular piece their may not be a whole lot of reliable information out there...but probably the best thing to do going forward is to do outside research on it, and then put price on it and adapt as required....or not.

The last 2 lines says it all. Until Solo posted with an actual price, we only had a n=1. My purchase. You canít have a RANGE (see above) or any insight, like I asked, until you at least have a n=2. So all of you responded said the value (range) is $1600 and even implied I overpaid (which I may have). But I felt your comments way off target based on other sales Iíve made and seen of less rare MR hilts. That coupled with Soloís post and I feel I did OK.

Solo posted $2650euroó around $3150 or so US.

Just a n=2 now from an avid collector, Solo, and now the range is $1750 to $3150.

So back to my original post to get an idea of price range on a piece I rarely see for sale I wanted some insight on how I did. If the avg price for the last 10 was $1300 I didnít do very well and Solo did really bad. If the average price of the last 10 was $3500 then Solo did well and I did exceptionally well......based on the sale price.

I feel as if the force would work well on you.

These arenít he prices Iím looking for. Move along

Quote Originally Posted by X_Winger View Post
    Asking for prices checks has always been a touchy subject on the forum. It is exactly this kind of debate that led to a forum rule requiring all other sources be exhausted before asking forum members. I understand that for this particular piece their may not be a whole lot of reliable information out there...but probably the best thing to do going forward is to do outside research on it, and then put price on it and adapt as required....or not.

I did outside research. I went to Toytracker.net, advance thread search here, and Facebook MR page. All locations either no/minimal useful info (most were previously displayed/damaged/missing shipper/missing CoA etc) or, like here, just babble that it was either a great buy or a bad buy......There must not be many of these around in this condition or those that do own one aren't selling. No one had any references for previously sold ones (never displayed/or new in box). Solo was the only one so far with a price every other comment made were just in reference to my purchase (1st or 2nd auction).

and then put price on it and adapt as required

$3200.

Altough my Vader ESB sig and this one I might hang onto

Last edited by Jedi_Holocron; 05-13-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Close this thread. Thanks Solo for your response
    It's been a pleasure!

Best regards from Austria,

Alex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123