Thread: What kind of display cabinets do you use?

What kind of display cabinets do you use?

Iím looking to upgrade some display cabinets in my collection room. Iíd prefer something with LED lighting that opens from the front. Iíve seen some great cabinets here over the years. What type of cabinets to you prefer? Big thank you for any recommendations!
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

I like the Detolfs too. They're great for figures, but might be a little small if you're showcasing vehicles. Having done a fair amount digging around for displays, they're the most affordable option I've found for an enclosed case.

Thanks guys, I’ll look into the Detolfs.

Anyone know of any mirror backed cases with LED lights?
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Regarding the Ikea Detolf display cases, I installed the Ikea Dioder LED light strips under each shelf and ran the wires down through the base. I think it works well and is very minimal. When I get home this evening I'll take a pic.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

•    
    If you have access to an IKEA, I'd suggest the Billy bookcases. The run about $70 each and you can deck them out with glass doors, glass shelves, and lighting. Being only 11" deep, they won't hog up too much room and aren't deep enough to allow pieces to get lost in the display. The downside is that the cases won't accommodate particularly large pieces.

For smaller sections or tables...Legend Studios has display cases with LED lights. They are more for 12” scale like Detolf’s, but can be used as well for 3.75 or 6”. Two colors available; they are available from Sideshow Collectibles & Big Bad Toy Store.