Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anovos vs EFX Stormtrooper Helmet

This was originally a fight between the licensed Stormtrooper helmet producers. However if we’re extending this to include 'fan-made' then just to add what others have said - the RS beats EVERYTHING!

it’s far and away THE most accurate ANH/ESB Stormtrooper helmet ever produced. I’ve got the standard white ABS version which is pretty amazing - but if they ever decide to do a khaki hdpi run again then I’m going back in for another!

Cheers

Jez

I think the Anovos is the better of the two in terms of a representation of an actual helmet although that's not to say it's a great representation. Whenever I look at the efx plastic helmet I see it for it is; a rehash of the same helmet made by Master Replicas. Then I consider that due to the prevailing conditions of the time those could originally be bought for £40 - £50, which is what I did. When I now see that same helmet selling for four of five times that I shudder. To me it will always be a fifty quid lid. At that price it was a nice licensed stormtrooper helet but when you consider the symmetry of it it doesn't really look like the thing it's supposed to at all. It also has other shortcomings based on the construction method. The Anovos looks preferable to me according to the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsHelmets View Post
    if they ever decide to do a khaki hdpi run again then Iím going back in for another!
    Those HDPE versions look fantastic. Still kicking myself that I missed the last batch of them. Iíd say Iíd let you know if I see them doing another run, but Iím usually one of the last to hear of such things

As for Anovos vs the EFX, I agree with the other comments that the Anovos has the edge. Donít like the gap on the MR/EFX.
    Last edited by Jagjaguwar; 05-14-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by Jagjaguwar View Post
    Those HDPE versions look fantastic. Still kicking myself that I missed the last batch of them. Iíd say Iíd let you know if I see them doing another run, but Iím usually one of the last to hear of such things

As for Anovos vs the EFX, I agree with the other comments that the Anovos has the edge. Donít like the gap on the MR/EFX.
    I didn't have much luck with the HDPE lids myselfÖ The one I ordered originally from the first 100 they put out cracked so badly that it had to be replaced. And then the replacement lid I got, which was also HDPE, cracked incredibly badly too. I emailed them years ago about getting another replacement, and they said they would do so, but I was in the middle of going through my divorce and never followed up with them, so I have two broken RS prop master lids on my hands!
    Outside of the fact that they're all cracked up they do look pretty amazing! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bighead5 View Post
    I didn't have much luck with the HDPE lids myself… The one I ordered originally from the first 100 they put out cracked so badly that it had to be replaced. And then the replacement lid I got, which was also HDPE, cracked incredibly badly too. I emailed them years ago about getting another replacement, and they said they would do so, but I was in the middle of going through my divorce and never followed up with them, so I have two broken RS prop master lids on my hands!
    Outside of the fact that they're all cracked up they do look pretty amazing! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try selling the damaged ones to 501st members for lower price, they might be able to fix them nicely and be ok for trooping (unless damage is too big), and get instead an ABS RS helmet. I have one of the first HDPE editions as well, in fact #44 was lost in mail, and the replacement they sent was their own, and now is in my collection, no damage whatsoever though. But to be totally honest, I prefer ABS in this case, exactly because it holds better.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12