Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Admiral Piett

I wasn't saying that it's not possible to sculpt an old character's face well. My point was simply that in the absence of 3D scanning of the live actor's face, there's bound to be a difference. And I don't even think it looks bad.

It is harder for me to want to order this if I can't see it beforehand. I'm sure I will like it even if the likeness is off somewhat, but it is hard for me to order a character if I have never seen the figure in person at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukes_Father View Post
    It is harder for me to want to order this if I can't see it beforehand. I'm sure I will like it even if the likeness is off somewhat, but it is hard for me to order a character if I have never seen the figure in person at least once.
    Trust in the Force
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I am beginning to trust in photorealistic paint apps.

Yeah, that's the best part about the photo real paint thing. Before then, I would never order human figures online...only troopers or masked characters. Now I don't feel that need to see them in hand first.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I feel like Piett kind of came out of nowhere. I hadn't heard anything about him, and didn't have him on my radar, but I'll definitely need to order him. I always enjoy Imperial officers, and Piett feels a little more neutral/less clearly iconic than Tarkin, while still being quite iconic in his own way. I'm very glad he's being made.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerVole View Post
    I feel like Piett kind of came out of nowhere. I hadn't heard anything about him, and didn't have him on my radar, but I'll definitely need to order him. I always enjoy Imperial officers, and Piett feels a little more neutral/less clearly iconic than Tarkin, while still being quite iconic in his own way. I'm very glad he's being made.
    To me it makes sense with the bounty hunters being completed this year. He's complementary to them because he shares a scene with his line, "We don't need their scum." Anything that helps complete a scene brings extra value to everything else. Even though, "We don't need their scum" isn't very complimentary...

For example, you can have the first couple Sandtroopers but once the Dewback and new trooper was released, posing those troopers with that set starts to take on a diorama feel and they all seem to have more display value.

No matter how you display your figures, you can always have Piett somewhere giving the bounty hunters the evil eye! Move him around like a tribute to Where's Waldo...
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789