Thread: Death Star Droid Question

Lieutenant Commander LikeABossk's Avatar

Death Star Droid Question

Not sure where to post this, so I started a thread.

I recently got a mint DSD in a lot. It was advertised this way and one of the many reasons why I bought the lot. My current DSD is great, but it's got the usually crazy loose joints. This DSD is so flipping tight I'm afraid to even move a leg for fear or breakage. The left leg in particular seems almost stuck. The arms and head move a bit as does the right leg.

Finally...my question. Has anyone had seen this before? I have no idea what an almost new DSD or even 3PO would feel like since it's been 30+ years since I had one. My worry is that this guy has been repaired or glued at some point in time.

Thanks in advance!

could be unused the first time you have to "crack" the joints

Did the lot include a Death Squad Commander, Imperial Commander and a Sand People by chance?

Lieutenant Commander LikeABossk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    could be unused the first time you have to "crack" the joints
    Thanks for the reply and the knowledge. It's much appreciated and I had no idea this could be the case. I'm 100% not going to attempt to crack them though as it really is a great looking DSD and I don't trust my ham hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotMyFault View Post
    Did the lot include a Death Squad Commander, Imperial Commander and a Sand People by chance?
    No, this was a larger lot with a really nice removable limbs 3PO, Lando w/o teeth, a few weapons, and some of the usual guys you see in every lot these days.

For what it's worth, I have an original '78 C-3PO that has also never been "cracked". It's nice to have one in the collection that you don't have to worry about loose joints.