Thread: Gold Leader

Gold Leader

Okay, so, although Angus MacInnes is credited as "Gold Leader," he seems to take orders from the "Stay on target!" guy. So despite MacInnes' credit, I confess to puzzlement as to who is commanding the Y-Wing trio. Can anyone explain this?
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers & Death Star Gunner.

Dutch Vandar (Angus) is the Y-Wing leader throughout the battle. He identifies himself as such and is in touch with Red Leader and the base most often.
    In the trench, with Vader on his tail, he starts to panick. His wing-man (Gold Five) is trying to keep him from flipping out, hence "Stay on target!"

After Tiree and Dutch are killed, Red Leader responds to the news brought by Gold Five "I copy, Gold Leader" , thus field-promoting him to leader of the remainder of Gold Squadron. For as long as that lasted anyway.
    Check out my handy worksheet file, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till 2017
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name and species, updated till 10-8-2017
    http://www.filedropper.com/starwars18thscaledatabase

i never noticed that! well shortest command in history. i was going to say after dutch and tiree died he said "gold five to red leader lost tiree lost dutch" (or hutch in some media but seems to be dutch in the movie)
    related side note i thought it was cool that angus (i heard) recorded new lines as well as the use of archival footage for his apperance in rogue one
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 05-04-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

I'll always remember him as the henchman who dies in the grain silo in Witness.

Anyway, thanks, guys. It makes sense now.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: General Veers & Death Star Gunner.