Thread: Jaxxon is back

Jaxxon is back

I'm caught up with the Star Wars Adventures comic book series (think SW comics with short stories aimed at a younger crowd)

Most of the series have been kinda fun, short easy reads, "tales from wild space" kind of stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Jaxxon centralized story in the latest issue. It makes sense for the Adventure series. Also loved how they have him use his "kick", almost exactly as it was in the vintage Marvel run.. nice touch.

Still would love to see this character brought to either the big screen (Han Solo movie) or TV series just as a side/background character. I'd love to see a dirty, mean, beat up, bullet hole in one of his ears.. scruffy looking Jaxxon. It could work.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

They resurrected Amaiza Foxtrain for that Star Wars Adventures Annual too. She was another character from the same Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven arc of the original Marvel series that Jaxxon came from.

High Admiral

Holy Crap! I love Jaxxon and Amaiza, thank you for posting this. I gotta pick this book up.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian845 View Post
    Holy Crap! I love Jaxxon and Amaiza, thank you for posting this. I gotta pick this book up.
    It's an Annual from IDW so it's $7.99 but you do get 40 pages.

Looks like I'll be grabbing a copy--I love Jaxxon and Amaiza!

Same here. Going to grab one. Thanks for the heads-up.

-Snags
    "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Quote Originally Posted by BillMulder View Post
    They resurrected Amaiza Foxtrain for that Star Wars Adventures Annual too. She was another character from the same Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven arc of the original Marvel series that Jaxxon came from.
    You know.. I was so excited for Jaxxon that I completely forgot about Amazia!
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

High Admiral

I've been a fan of Jaxxon ever since I was a little kid & read Marvel Star Wars #8 back in the late '70's. The character was both funny & vicious; like Buggs Bunny on steroids - LOL. I feel that the character was created as a kind of joke, but ended up having a "cult" following amongst certain SW fans - LOL.

I have wanted an action figure of this green rabbit ever since the late '70's, and have continuously been disappointed that one has never been released. When the comic-book figure two-packs came out in the 200X's, that would have been the perfect opportunity for Hasbro to release a Jaxxon/Amaiza two-pack - and include either Marvel Star Wars #8 or #16 (the two characters were featured in both comics, as well as several others).

Here's hoping that at the least, a Jaxxon figure is released at some point, maybe as a fan-favorite. I have no doubt the figure would sell well. Obviously Jaxxon fans would buy this. However, even collectors who aren't that familiar with the character may want the figure, if only because of it's unique/bizarre appearance - LOL.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 05-09-2018 at 08:42 AM.

you'd think, the BS just did a Jaina for cripes sake, how can they not hit back to Marvel!!! I don't find him any more odd than many ROTJ characters, being derivative of animals so much. Solo has some aliens just as simple & odd.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 05-16-2018 at 01:37 PM.