Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenner made in Spain?

Kenner made in Spain?

I'm looking for the Kenner carded list for made in Spain figures and if you got it, the made in Mexico one too. I'm trying to put a run together.
    He's no good to me open!

I know about the four (ROTJ carded) Cantina creatures, Kenner Made in pain.

Regads,

Llorenç

You should check out the comprehensive pbp guide by javi. It has all the figs loose and carded pictured and is definitely a great read for a Star Wars collector! K

I can't afford another book right now. I just need the list, I have a Greedo and I think a Walrus man. The Walrus man has a sticker on the back but I can tell from it's glossy front and dull back it's one of these. I don't think Lili Ledy made these.
    He's no good to me open!

Quote Originally Posted by jedikman View Post
    You should check out the comprehensive pbp guide by javi. It has all the figs loose and carded pictured and is definitely a great read for a Star Wars collector! K
    Javi's Book is only for PBP figures. I think SOLRAC is asking for the Kenner figures with the Made in Spain on the back.

For sure Walus Man, Greedo, Hammerhead and Snaggltooth were made.

Reards,

Llorenç

Quote Originally Posted by JediSpirits View Post
    Javi's Book is only for PBP figures. I think SOLRAC is asking for the Kenner figures with the Made in Spain on the back.

For sure Walus Man, Greedo, Hammerhead and Snaggltooth were made.

Reards,

Llorenç
    Yes, that is the list I am looking for thanks. That's a short list and I'm halfway done.
    He's no good to me open!

Kenner Made In Mexico:

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejames View Post
    I think the only examples of 'figures made in Mexico' are Lumat & Paploo on a 79 back. Tri & Canadian are 'Made in Mexico'. The other 11 figures are all 'made in mexico' as well. (unless there are pics of Lando- 'figure MIM' ??)
    THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART I
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dengar
    MADE IN MEXICO (MIM) FIGURES
    In the 80s, Kenner exported overstock accessories to Mexico to be packed together with Lili Ledy figures on “Made in Mexico’ (MIM) cards which were subsequently exported back to the US. The following figures were packed on MIM cards:

Made in Mexico (MIM) cards (pic made by Rog)

There is a theory stating that Lili Ledy raised (had to raise?) her quality standards for these MIM figures as they were meant for the US market. This would have resulted in the usage of a better quality plastic and better paint apps. However so far this theory has never been supported by convincing evidence. The common view is therefore that the differences between Lili Ledy figures and MIM figures if any are not significant enough to make a real distinction. See for instance the quote below:

Quote Originally Posted by _Rog_

As mentioned in that thread I don’t own all the Lili Ledy guys that correspond with my MIM figures but from what I have gathered, Gam. Guard, Nien Nunb, Chirpa, Logray, Lando Calrissian, Ree Yees, Darth Vader, Paploo & Lumat are all pretty much the same. There may be slight differences in quality of finish between MIM & Ledy with MIM being slightly better, but I’m guessing if you took the nicest Ledy Chirpa for example and stood it next to the worst MIM Chief, they would be equal in quality (the LL might even be better!).
    So once a figure was pulled from its card – either Ledy or MIM - you basically ended up with a loose Lili Ledy figure. Only the accessories on the cards might differ. On MIM cards you could have Ledy or Kenner accessories, or even a combination of both.

You can read more about this subject in these interesting treads here and here.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLRAC View Post
    I can't afford another book right now. I just need the list, I have a Greedo and I think a Walrus man. The Walrus man has a sticker on the back but I can tell from it's glossy front and dull back it's one of these. I don't think Lili Ledy made these.
    No worries,I are the made in Spain ones you are looking for cloud car pilot, bespin guards,snag,hammer and greedo? If so these are 70 back A trilogo hybrids I believe. Lmk,K

No, these are the Kenner U.S. cards that say "Made in Spain" on them. All are ROTJ cards I believe. Just like the "Made in Mexico" carded Kenner cards. These are just Sub Sets I want to put together. I also want the list of the ROTJ Kenner U.S. cards that have the "Made in Hong Kong or Taiwan or country therein". I think these are 65 back.
    Last edited by SOLRAC; 05-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    He's no good to me open!

Ok,now I know what you are talking about! That is a cool set!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast