Thread: BESPIN LEIA Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #2

BESPIN LEIA Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #2

Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, fleeing members of the Rebel Alliance Leia Organa, Han Solo and Chewbacca along with their protocol droid C-3PO landed at Cloud City needing to repair their starship, the Millennium Falcon. Being greeted by Lando Calrissian, the trio would ultimately fall victim to a plot involving the subsequent capture of Luke Skywalker by the bounty hunter, Boba Fett; who coerced Calrissian to surrender them to Darth Vader and the Empire, who had arrived shortly before they did.

Just as she appeared at Bespin's Cloud City, Gentle Giant offers our attractive Princess wearing a rust red colored tunic under an off white sleeveless cloak. Her hair is pulled back to the crown of the head and into a twisted bun. Descending from under the bun are two looped braids that reach down to the base of the neck.

The beautiful character in this very classy pose was announced as mini bust #2 for the 2018 PGM

Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Pretty stoked about this bust too! Hopefully the actual bust will have a likeness as good as the concept drawing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm holding hope for her likeness to be as close as possible to Carrie's. As far as the pose and overall design, I'm truly liking it. If she gets rendered with the necessary care, this will be a knock-out of a mini bust. Fingers crossed. C'mon, GG; we know you can do it!
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Keeping everything crossed that this turns out well, can’t wait to see the prototype at SDCC..., I want to order it but because of poor human likenesses with regards to recent releases I’m hesitant currently. As I said elsewhere though, the concept artwork would have me sold if it looks like that.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Like everyone else on here, I LOVE the illustration and if the actual bust looked like this I would be sold. As I have said elsewhere as well I only own 3 GG SW busts that are humans and two are pilots with helmets & goggles. The other has a beard. So I'm also not really sold on their human likenesses either LOL.

If we get closer to the Slave Leia face and less of the Yavin Leia face it will be a winner. I know with my Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura they are very striking so GG can pull it off in regards to a beautiful female sculpt. I would dare say those are two of my all time favorite mini busts in fact.
    "He's no good to me dead"