Thread: Anyone know why vault edition book of sith just dropped so much in price?

Anyone know why vault edition book of sith just dropped so much in price?

I got buy these vault edition books but missed out on the book of sith, a few months ago the price for the book of sith vault edition was over $500 on ebay, now I see them being listed on ebay for less than $100. Anyone know why the sudden drop in price? I am grateful as I will finally be able to grab a copy, but I thought it was weird how it dropped so much, did someone find a sudden supply on these?

It's currently available on Amazon so maybe it had gone out of print and then was put back in print. That would account for the rise and drop. I know I saw that book at Barnes And Noble on clearance for $60 (?) within the last few months. That would kill the secondary market price too.

Unhappy winner in life

Quote Originally Posted by BillMulder View Post
    I know I saw that book at Barnes And Noble on clearance for $60 (?) within the last few months.
    OMG, I hope this won't take long. Two months ago I bought it for 360$ from my university friend! I was sure the price would go up! It turns out that at least I've lost nearly 200$ ... I have no regrets about what I did, but now I can get three copies for that money I've been writing essays and helping my classmates for a whole month to buy the book of sith.
    Why is it always like that?

Unhappy winner in life

Quote Originally Posted by BillMulder View Post
    I know I saw that book at Barnes And Noble on clearance for $60 (?) within the last few months.
    OMG, I hope this won't take long. Two months ago I bought it for 360$ from my university friend! I was sure the price would go up! It turns out that at least I've lost nearly 200$ ... I have no regrets about what I did, but now I can get three copies for that money I've been writing essays and helping my classmates for a whole month to buy the book of sith.

Quote Originally Posted by leiame View Post

Unfortunately, I think every collector has one or two (or three or four) of those nightmare stories.

Books are tough.. lots of factors play in. Over the long haul typically the 1st edition 1st print of most books is what turns out to hold up and be "collectable", but not always the case (and far and few overall turn out to be worth a "lot"). Those book of sith vault editions are a little bit different as well.

The problem is, if the demand is there, and the price happens to skyrocket.. there's nothing from stopping a publisher (or toy manuf.) from easily printing another run at the snap of a finger, increasing the supply. This is the case as more turn to online retailing as well.. modern tech makes it pretty easy to gauge supply/demand.

I can't explain why some books go for ridiculous amount and other not so much. I'm always shocked when a book for example "Tarkin" hardcover sells on ebay for $80, yet at the time, you'll luck out and find one still sitting on clearance at Wal-Mart. Then others you can't even recoup the cost even if you bought on discount. I try not to go crazy on books, patience usually wins out in the long run.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

Thanks for the insight guys, it was curious to me as the one I bought is supposedly a first edition, we will see when it arrives however, I bought a Jedi Code vault edition (new condition) from amazon and all I got shipped was the book itself without the vault, so we will see what happens. Regardless I am happy to pick it up. I know the Irwin Toys - Canadian collection first edition is also worth some big bucks, but it just went through a reprinting and I grabbed a second edition copy, its well worth the read!

I'd be shocked that there even was a 2nd edition Sith LE vault. This happened to me w/ the PT Chronicles, eBay (about 7-8 years ago) had like 30 new ones- shipped for 40, then they sold out and since they're back to the expected rates. A huge boost in all levels of merch launched steadily once TFA came out.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 05-04-2018 at 08:10 AM.