Thread: Is SSC/Hot Toys Planning a 1:6 Scale 'Rey - Island Journey' Figure?

Is SSC/Hot Toys Planning a 1:6 Scale 'Rey - Island Journey' Figure?

Curious to learn if Hot Toys is planning on making a 'Rey - Island Journey' 1:6 Scale piece. Clearly Rey is depicted in a rain smock in this photo with TLJ Luke. I don't recall a rain smock as an accessory with the 1:6 'Resistance Rey' a year or so ago.

I think they have to make this figure, even if it's a complete re-boot of the 'Resistance Rey' likeness. After all, it's the same figure minus the vest and with the rain smock. And, perhaps, two or three Porgs!

You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

Though it would be a quite inexpensive retool for HT to make, even taking into account they teased this Rey in one of their Ahch'to Luke pictures, i don't see her happening anytime soon. HT haven't been very generous with variants on the Star Wars front, skipping trooper repaints, and even overlooked a few main characters along the way. At that point, i'd be happy if they were to offer the rain smock with some other character instead to save a spot for a brand new figure.
    Last edited by TK_842; 05-01-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    WTB: Tamashii Movie Realization SDCC '17: Prototype (White) Ronin Boba Fett (Fair Price)
    Want list http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098677/ Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099025/#post19156148

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnchor View Post
    Curious to learn if Hot Toys is planning on making a 'Rey - Island Journey' 1:6 Scale piece. Clearly Rey is depicted in a rain smock in this photo with TLJ Luke. I don't recall a rain smock as an accessory with the 1:6 'Resistance Rey' a year or so ago.

I think they have to make this figure, even if it's a complete re-boot of the 'Resistance Rey' likeness. After all, it's the same figure minus the vest and with the rain smock. And, perhaps, two or three Porgs!

I doubt it.

Sequal trilogy figures are still hanging around at retail, many with vast discounts and as TLJ was badly received in comparison to other Star Wars films, they will surely have other priorities.

Even pilot Poe appears shelved. Personally I would have bought that prior to seeing TLJ.
    Love Everton, hate corrupt football.
    my feedback