Thread: R5-D4 2d Pre-Production Proof Cards & Cromalins Run

R5-D4 2d Pre-Production Proof Cards & Cromalins Run

Nothing new to show here but hoping that this post might help flush out the last R5-D4 proof card or cromalin I need to complete this run. It was about 4 or 5 years ago i started this run and i haven't added anything in nearly 2 years.

Anyway, here are my R5-D4 Proof Cards and Cromalins:

Top Row:
    ESB 41 back sample card (1 of 2 known)
    ESB 45 back proof card (1 of 2 known)
    ESB 47 back sample card (1 of 1 known)
    ESB 48a back sample card (1 of 1 known)

Middle Row:
    RevOTJ 48 back proof card (1 of approx 50 known)
    RevOTJ of the Jedi 48 back name plate mock-up (1 of 1 known)
    ROTJ 65 back proof card (1 of 1 known)
    POTF 92 back sample card (1 of 1 known)

Bottom Row:
    RevOTJ offerless cromalin (1 of 1 known)
    ROTJ offerless cromalin (1 of 1 known)

I'm still looking for the ESB 48c back Ackbar Offer proof card and the POTF cromalin. I know the whereabouts of the cromalin and unfortunately it's locked up pretty tight. I have no idea where the ESB 48c back proof card is, it hasn't been seen since it was sold at Celebration 2 back in 2002. If you have any leads on it please let me know, I'd be prepared to make a generous cash or trade offer for it.
    Last edited by olisuds; 04-28-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
    Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!

bad motivator ..... I mean, wow that took a lot of motivation to get your R5 2D run to this point!

Thanks for sharing, and I don't know where that ESB 48C proof card is ( but I'll keep my eyes/ears pealed). Pretty sure it's a sample proof card ( 4 rounded corners , not sure on the hanger area). Maybe just get a production MOC, call it a day. I wish I could go back to spring 2002, attend C2 , with a $5k (or more) grip of money in my pocket to buy proofs!
    Last edited by Adam_L; 04-28-2018 at 03:08 AM.
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

Unbelievable run Oli! Love seeing them all together!!
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Such a great run! Hope you fine the 48c-back!
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

Great run Oli ! Are there no star wars era proofs?

Such a fantastic run- took some guts to take that on!! I always loved the cover art on R5....the good news is the chase is always the most excited part- of course bad news is 5 years in the making and no scores for 2 years I imagine is frustating. I will continue to keep an eye out for your last few remaining. Good luck
    Last edited by BTD2; 04-28-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Pretty Unbelievable run. I wish I'd held onto some of my proofs and 3d prototypes! I cannot believe the money they are going for these days. Such a killer card back, and run. Good luck finding your last piece. Thanks for sharing.

Nice set! I suppose those last ones may be elusive for a while, but it’s the thrill of the hunt that keeps us going. Great work!

Thanks guys. Like i said, unfortunately nothing new but appreciate the kind words and offers to keep a look out

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    bad motivator ..... I mean, wow that took a lot of motivation to get your R5 2D run to this point!

Thanks for sharing, and I don't know where that ESB 48C proof card is ( but I'll keep my eyes/ears pealed). Pretty sure it's a sample proof card ( 4 rounded corners , not sure on the hanger area). Maybe just get a production MOC, call it a day. I wish I could go back to spring 2002, attend C2 , with a $5k (or more) grip of money in my pocket to buy proofs!
    Thanks Adam. Yes you are absolutely right, the ESB 48c is a "sample card" proof card with 4 round corners and no punch. I haven't ever seen a picture of it but i have seen it on Steve Denny's C2 inventory list so presume it is out there somewhere. Goodness me just thinking about all the stories of these proof card prices back in the 2002 makes me a little envious.

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    Great run Oli ! Are there no star wars era proofs?
    Thanks mate. Unfortunately no Star Wars era proof cards or cromalins just the photo art exists. The earliest known proof card is the 41 back
    Last edited by olisuds; 04-30-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
    Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!