Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Episodes 1-6 Soundtracks re-released/remastered (2018)

Money grab. A lot of the bands I listen to have been around for decades and they seem to all be releasing remastered or remixed old albums. If I already own it, I generally won't buy it.
    Gorge, guzzle and wench, for tomorrow we get gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Dork View Post
    Money grab. A lot of the bands I listen to have been around for decades and they seem to all be releasing remastered or remixed old albums. If I already own it, I generally won't buy it.
    Agreed. That being said, if someone doesn't already have these soundtracks they may want to get them for the first time. That also being said, the older versions are probably still available out there - if you look hard enough.

I was hoping for an SE version of the PT and ST soundtracks for a long time (all the cues). I guess this isn't that, sadly.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Vinyl is interesting. But, I haven't had a record player since 1990, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. When it comes to physical media re: music, I'm strictly a CD guy.
    even when it comes to mainstream releases, I prefer to buy on vinyl. nowadays, everything comes with a free download code for the official MP3 version.

a typical album will cost about $20 (with free download); where an itunes album will cost about $10-15 for just the digital music.

(for that difference in price, you get a physical copy c/w 12"x12" artwork for display). I almost never buy CD's anymore, I just buy vinyl + digital copy
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    even when it comes to mainstream releases, I prefer to buy on vinyl. nowadays, everything comes with a free download code for the official MP3 version.

a typical album will cost about $20 (with free download); where an itunes album will cost about $10-15 for just the digital music.

(for that difference in price, you get a physical copy c/w 12"x12" artwork for display). I almost never buy CD's anymore, I just buy vinyl + digital copy
    Thanks for the info. But, this type of thing would be wasted on me. I.e., I like the way Vinyl looks & it is definitely collectible - however, I don't have room for a collection of records. One of the many reasons I prefer CD's is that they don't take up nearly the amount of room that Vinyl does. However, I agree that digital/streaming music is great as well - i.e., these don't take up any space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I was hoping for an SE version of the PT and ST soundtracks for a long time (all the cues). I guess this isn't that, sadly.
    You and me both!... I love the SE versions of the OT soundtracks as well as the outtakes/bonus tracks of the "Alternate" music like the Sail Barge attack in Jedi or the various different ways of the main score
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    You and me both!... I love the SE versions of the OT soundtracks as well as the outtakes/bonus tracks of the "Alternate" music like the Sail Barge attack in Jedi or the various different ways of the main score
    Agreed! The 1997 SE soundtracks were amazing & extremely comprehensive. They should be used as a reference when companies are looking to put together comprehensive film score soundtracks - especially for film franchise(s) like SW where the score is such a huge part of the film itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12