Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I just got scammed on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Corellia View Post
    Title says “vintage.” To me, that means vintage. Repro is not vintage.
    "Vintage" is a powerful word, because it does not have to mean "old". There are thousands of products made today that offer a vintage look and are brand new. Even when Hasbro took on the Vintage Collection everyone knew they were buying new figures in a vintage looking package. Vintage is a nostalgic word that resonates with all of us as collectors and lets face it, the world is full of shady characters that will use the power of words (especially on eBay) to make a buck. Vintage can still mean repro. I wish everyone was honest and called a repro a repro, but its not the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoFighter View Post
    Perpetuating something that's damaging the hobby doesn't make me crazy.

Personally, I don't want these repros ending up in someone that doesn't know better's hands. That's bad, and repros in general are bad.
    So in your mind if someone is using them for CUSTOM figures that are CUSTOMS instead of using the cheaper guns you'd rather have them spend big $$$ of vintage weapons even though it might cost more for the weapon than the cost of the figure and the supplies to make a custom just to please you...that makes alot of sense....

I’m not a big repro fan, but I think they have a place with custom jobbers. To each their own, but if your going to have a custom figure you may as well have custom accessories. Seems weird to have a custom figure with real accessories, but again to each their own. Whatever your comfortable displaying I’m cool with. As long as when your done with the repros you don’t go passing them down the line as original. In fact maybe we should all repros in our last will and testament so that our families know what their getting into. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGeneral View Post
    It is quite remarkable, how little people read of my numerous responses in a thread that they chose to comment in
    I obviously missed page 3. You missed obvious repros.

Give me a break, after all the seller gave you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LukesGhost View Post
    I obviously missed page 3. You missed obvious repros.

Give me a break, after all the seller gave you one.
    I sold a lot of GI Joes once that I didn't mention (I didn't know) that some weapons were from the battle packs (which were replacement weapons for Joe figs back in the day). Still vintage but not correct to the figures true carded release. Some battle pack weapons are almost identical in color to the original releases (as it was in this case) and some are totally different. I always provide clear and large photos so the buyer can see for themselves exactly what they are buying. Well, the buyer was a reseller and wanted a better deal (on top of an already great deal I might add) and used the battle pack argument against me to get a partial refund. He knew exactly what he was doing and shame on me for not knowing everything under the sun about GI Joe which makes me unworthy to make a buck or two on things I have laying around. I told him initally to just send everything back and I would give a full refund and pay for the return shipping but of course he wanted to keep them because "it would be easier to take a partial refund". Of course it would. I sometimes wonder when I hear these stories who the real scammer is.
    Last edited by Jedi534; 04-28-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I’m not a big repro fan, but I think they have a place with custom jobbers. To each their own, but if your going to have a custom figure you may as well have custom accessories. Seems weird to have a custom figure with real accessories, but again to each their own. Whatever your comfortable displaying I’m cool with.
    QFT see some people get the idea...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345