Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scarif Stormtrooper - Rumor

Great news! I actually had one of these in my hand, but when I tried to buy at the register, they wouldn't sell it to me because of the street date. A manager took them all away, and I never saw one again...except on ebay for ridiculous prices.
    Wish I could afford a Vintage MOC / AFA Tri Logo Boba Fett, but would love to get a HASBRO VC Tri Logo Boba Fett

The only black series figure I never saw in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by my_kind_of_scum View Post
    It would be really nice if they did the armor variants - maybe as an exclusive somewhere?
    Thereís enough demand that I hope they release them in the main line. I imagine theyíd be hard to find as exclusives (well, maybe not the two AT-ACT variants).

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    This is a no brainer for a TVC release. I canít wait to see the card back image.
    Maybe in a couple years, yes. But not too soon! It's bad enough we're getting repacks of a figure only release 6 months ago.
    It's not my fault Hasbro cannot seem to manage the line, and make sure product gets in the hands of customers. Or the fact Walmart cannot manage to evenly disperse to each of their stores.

For every "that's a no brainer for TVC release", there are 5-10 new figures that are needed.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Maybe in a couple years, yes. But not too soon! It's bad enough we're getting repacks of a figure only release 6 months ago.
    It's not my fault Hasbro cannot seem to manage the line, and make sure product gets in the hands of customers. Or the fact Walmart cannot manage to evenly disperse to each of their stores.

For every "that's a no brainer for TVC release", there are 5-10 new figures that are needed.
    true but he's still a troop builder that would allegedly allow Hasbro more money to make new figures for that particular wave.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post

Right be we donít know the dynamics of this budget. We are being told the first few waves will be repacks! It seems like that is a financial decision. We just have to accept that. So if itís a choice of an additional nice repack or nothing at all until new figures: then give me the repacks like this. No one is suggested this INSTEAD of Sim Aloo, itís more like this UNTIL they do new figures.
    Last edited by Idpullthecurtain; 04-20-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

This should actually be a cheaper repack in the fact that it only has a blaster. I mean, Rey has a ton of stuff, even if she's a main. This one should have been slated for 2018 anyway.

We never got the TFA TBS waves here in Germany, but for some reason we were able to get the two RO cases and the TLJ case. I ordered a case with 3x Scarif Trooper right away and was able to get 2 more afterwards, so I have 5, but I like this figure so much, I'd keep buying them as long as I could find them. If this is repacked I'll buy the case it comes in just to make sure I get 1-2 more (depending on how it is repacked), and I'd buy a repaint Commander as well.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Right be we don’t know the dynamics of this budget. We are being told the first few waves will be repacks! It seems like that is a financial decision. We just have to accept that. So if it’s a choice of an additional nice repack or nothing at all until new figures: then give me the repacks like this. No one is suggested this INSTEAD of Sim Aloo, it’s more like this UNTIL they do new figures.
    Yeah, repacks are just part of the game at this point and that's fine. I do think Hasbro could work on WHICH figures they repack, though. Repacking troop builders shouldn't even be a discussion, it should just be standard procedure. And if you're listening, Hasbro, when I say troop builders, I'm not talking about Sandtroopers. But if they must repack figures, why not focus on stuff like the Scarif Trooper, Executioner, Praetorian Guard, Emperor's Royal Guard, Imperial Navy Commander, Gamorrean Guard, Echo Base Trooper, etc. Figures that were hard, if not impossible, for a lot of people to get the first time around. They could even sneak in slight variants and/or running changes like a grey INC or, like others have said, Scarifs of different ranks. Hasbro seems to leave a lot of money on the table sometimes since many of these figures wind up skyrocketing on the secondary market.

This is a no brainer for a TVC release.
    My thoughts exactly.

I expect this will be a straight repack of the 2016 TBS Walmart-exclusive "Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader," and that's fine. But I hope Hasbro renames the figure "Imperial Shoretrooper (Scarif)" to align with the naming convention in the "Rogue One Visual Dictionary." And I'd also wish for a running variant: trooper and captain.
    @LordEdzo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123