Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Variations of Luke's Black Black Blaster

Smile Variations of Luke's Black Black Blaster

I just bought a Luke Stormy on ebay. It will be here by the end of the week. I had an email exchange with the seller, and he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. The blaster floats, and is black black, with no blue translucentness. however the tip of the blaster, below the muzzle looks more squared off then the TIG example and the explicitly described examples i can find on this site. I have never owned a loose black black blaster. I have a Kez Iben and Thall Joben MOC. I took a look at those, and Kez has a black black blaster that is very rounded like the TIG example, however Thall's black black blaster is much more squared off, like the one I bought with the figure. I have been googling my brains out trying to find out if there are any known accepted variations of the black black blaster. I discovered that the pin point dot on the side may or may not be present. Having two different looking black black blasters MOC in my own collection indicates to me that there must be some variation. Any thoughts anyone? Are there known variants?

Also, if it turns out to be a repro, which if it is, its a great one that passes the float test, or I think it may be a V4 Blue Black blaster if its not authentic, does anyone have a black black blaster i can buy for a reasonable non ebay price????

I'm crossing my fingers. The seller assured me if there is any issue he would refund me and take care of it. I think i am going to send it in to be graded, so that will verify it for sure, but my OCD won't let me stop working on it......

As far as I know the only true black blasters are V1-c’s with the rounded tip. But if your Thall has a squared tip that is interesting. Only square tips that I’m familiar with that could possibly be mistaken for a black blaster is the V5, but typically the crisp details will give that one away. Would love to see some pictures when your stormy arrives, and the Thall for that matter.

In my experience there is reason to believe that in addition to the "round end" solid black blaster, Luke Stormtrooper also came with the blaster shown below. Of course until someone can post a pic of it carded with Luke, we'll never know for sure. This is also the same weapon issued with Boba Fett "Taiwan" figures.

Last edited by Jedi534; 04-17-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    In my experience there is reason to believe that in addition to the "round end" solid black blaster, Luke Stormtrooper also came with the blaster shown below. Of course until someone can post a pic of it carded with Luke, we'll never know for sure. This is also the same weapon issued with Boba Fett "Taiwan" figures.

That looks like the V5. So yes, Motivator, can You post the carded Thall? I know it’s not a stormy luke, but it could point towards the possibility that he came with a V5 occasionally.

the only variation I known and possess is the V6 ledy solid black (cast in the v3 mold) ...but it too has has the rounded tip- I have never seen a squared off tip that is actually solid black.
    people claim on ebay all the time to have a solid black luke blaster with the squared tip - my guess is the tip of the barrell and the end will have a spec. of blue trans. but you will see soon I guess.
    I sold a solid black one on ebay a few months or so ago...it went for around $90 7 day auction- that is the "reasonable" price as that is what its worth (currently)
    (im guessing the Thall you have is one of the variants that came w v5 non solid black as AFA has said that occured I seem to remember)
    (you probably know this already but TIG does not have a designation for a solid black V5 so...)
    Last edited by BTD2; 04-17-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Well, I may need to drink a tall glass of never mind. When I compared yesterday with the naked I, i really thought my Thall Joben blaster looked pretty squared off, but after taking photos, I think i am wrong. Here are the pics.....

Also, here is the link to the ebay listing. It has one or two good pics of the weapon. It's really square.... at least that's what it looks like in the pic. I will post better pics when it arrives. I think it's a V4 semi translucent.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-sta...53.m2749.l2649

Also, Big shout out and thank you to ComicalUser for telling me how to upload and post pics. If anyone is having issues with that, he wrote a really nice tutorial in the vintage other collectibles section under another one of my posts "Mystery Star Wars book". So big thanks again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    Also, here is the link to the ebay listing. It has one or two good pics of the weapon. It's really square.... at least that's what it looks like in the pic. I will post better pics when it arrives. I think it's a V4 semi translucent....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-sta...53.m2749.l2649
    The eBay listing weapon appears to be very square. Hold the weapon over a flashlight when you receive it.

Finding the correct blaster is a pain in the ***. Good luck with your search!

I still think you've got yourself a V5 coming. The butt end that funnels down to the cylinder on the back looks a little longer in the one you bought than a typical V5, but it could just be the angle. Hard to see, since only one blaster pic is in focus and the others are out. Do the light test when it comes in and if it doesn't pass I'd check with the seller.

Does reasonable non eBay price mean well below market value ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast