Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Star Wars Book

Mystery Star Wars Book

Per usual, I cannot figure out how to post pictures to this site, so I am just going to describe what I have the best that I can. I got a Star Wars book in a lot of stuff a month ago. It is 12 inches long by 9 inches high. It is soft cover sort of booklet. It has a painted sort of stylized cover with Darth in the upper left, luke and leia below that with the light saber to the air pose if you know what I mean. X Wings in the upper right, Luke and Ben in the lower left and Han, Luke and Chewy walking down the steps after receiving medals below vaders chin. When you open the book, the first images on the left, the back page of the cover are leia upper left with vader and two death squad commanders, luke in landspeeder in upper right, han and luke in stormtrooper outfits with C-3po in the background in lower left, and Jawas with sandcralwer in lower right. The page is a pinkish hue and says Copyright 1977 twentieth century fox film coporiation. all rights reserved.

The book itsef details the characters and has some profile info on the actors.

Sorry, accidentally added thread before i was done.

The last page, or the inside part of the last page has a list of the cast on the left, and technical crew and miniature and optical units on the right. It also says were the movie was filmed, or rather the various locations it was filmed. Finally, bottom middle of the last page says "for additional copies of this book, send $2.00 (including postage and handling charges) to S.W. ventures Inc., 45 east 55 street, New York. NY 10022. Personal checks require 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. printed in USA.

I wish i could post pics, so if anyone wants to tell me how to do that, that would be great. I have the pics on my desktop.

Does anybody have any idea what this is? It seems like something that would have been useful at the theater at the time the movie came out. There is a bunch of pics and descriptions of characters and places and of the actors. It's interesting and I have not seen one before.

Okay Rebel Scum Detectives, let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

Sounds to me like the booklet from the original Star Wars press kit...

Is this the same as yours?

Here's a page describing the press kit in detail

That's It!!!!!!! You the man!!!!!!

How did you post the pic!!!!!!!!

So, what is it exactly then?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    That's It!!!!!!! You the man!!!!!!

How did you post the pic!!!!!!!!

So, what is it exactly then?
    Thought so.

The pic was online, so all I had to do was put the URL in between two [ jpg ] boxes. (spaces added to not confuse the board.)

The press kit is something given to reviewers/reporters attend the early screenings of films, for informational purposes (so they don't spend their whole time trying to write everyone's names down, etc.) and is intended to help them write the review later. This one is neat because it predates any Star Wars hype, making it a very early collectible. Good find!

Awesome! Thank you! I couldn't google it because i didn't know what it was called. Do you know how to add a pic from your computer? For future reference? I took pics with my phone and got them onto my desktop but could not for the life of me figure out how upload them to the forum. I could copy and past the whole pic but it was too large to post apparently.

I really can't thank you enough! thanks!

No problem.

To post a pic it has to be hosted online somewhere. You can host images directly at Rebelscum, through the "Photo Gallery" button in the black tab at the top of the page.

Good luck!

Posting photos confuses so many and many have trouble with it. There should be a a sticky or tutorial somewhere!

• In the the light blue menu links strip directly below the rebelscum.com logo at the top, click 'Photo Gallery.'

• In the dark blue menu link strip (right below the light blue menu strip) click 'Upload Photos.'

• Click on the 'Browse...' link and locate the photo's file on your computer. There are some options here to play around with. Then click the 'Upload/Submit' button and it will now appear in your Gallery.

• Now, if you want a thumbnail (small clickable photo preview) to appear in your post, click the 'My Photos' link in the very bottom left of the Quick Reply/composing window. You then select a photo from your Gallery. It will place a photo thumbnail link within your post wherever you clicked the 'My Photos' link.

• If you want a full size photo from your Gallery within your post, right click the photo in your Gallery and select 'View Image' (Firefox) or 'Open image in new tab' (Chrome) from the right-click pop-up menu. Copy the URL in the web address bar in the tab it opens. Within your post click the 'Insert Image' link to the right of the font options. Copy the URL here and the image, at full size, will appear in your post.

I hope this is helpful in some manner. Sorry if this is overly verbose and more than you were looking for 1BadMotivator.
    Last edited by comicalUser; 04-17-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Okay, total watershed moment here! I have posted photos.... I think! Comical User, I can't thank you enough. It only lets me upload one photo at a time, but i think it worked. So here is the book that I have. I can't find any on ebay, and the only example that has the pink and black pages like mine is at the link that Muftak sent. I have found a couple on ebay that all say "Souvenir program" on the back page and the price for a copy is $1.50 rather than $2.00 like mine. I don't know if I have a later printing, or an earlier printing or what. I have a buddy who told me that the pink and black rather than the white black background was for Newspaper folks. He said the pink contrast made it easier to reprint in the black and white paper. I have no idea.

You are welcome; good to see you posting photos!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast