Thread: Darth Vader's Castle...WIP

Darth Vader's Castle...WIP

I have started working on an idea for a large cardboard playset based on Vader's Castle from "Rogue One." I have been looking over reference material and yesterday spent some time sketching out the dimensions in PhotoShop so that I can start drawing the wall panels and floors. I usually drop a thread here when the work is done, but I want to try a diary of the process this time, like I did some 15 years ago here in my "Modular Death Star" thread. (It's old, a lot of the old formatting shows and later pictures have been lost.)

I am going to try to build this thing to resemble the Castle tower exterior from the front, with an open back to allow for play and/or display with 3 3/4" figures. It's not going to be to scale in any way, just a playset with different environments represented on each of its 4 interior levels.

Here is the sketch I did yesterday to figure out dimensions:

I will post updates in the future as this thing moves along. Thanks for looking!

You mad, magnificent, son of a gun! I'm super excited to see this!
    If and when you make these available for sales, don't even bother with a link, just PM me paypal invoice!

I'm glad you are finally getting back to this. (Still needs the Droid Dojo though!)

Cannot wait to see this baby! It's great to see things that have never been done before (that I know of). Lol @ Pete I know what you mean!
    Last edited by Darth_Sceptaurus; 04-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.