Thread: Brown arm Farmboy Luke?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brown arm Farmboy Luke?

Has anyone ever seen this before, with arms of that color? Iíve been looking for hours and canít seem to find anything similar.

I am completely google searched out, and my head feels like it is going to explode.

This could be a pretty common figure, but Iím relatively new to this, and I cannot find anything.

I don’t think it’s a variant, I’m guessing it’s got some discoloration since the torso isn’t showing any effects. A nice piece otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I don’t think it’s a variant, I’m guessing it’s got some discoloration since the torso isn’t showing any effects. A nice piece otherwise.
    Thanks, I made my father inlaw dig into his attic to see if he had any, this was one of the ones we found.

I was thinking the same thing, but it’s perfectly blended. And his shorts are the same color. I really don’t know.

100% plastic degradation.
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGeneral View Post
    Thanks, I made my father inlaw dig into his attic to see if he had any, this was one of the ones we found.

I was thinking the same thing, but it’s perfectly blended. And his shorts are the same color. I really don’t know.
    Plastic degradation.

Please tell us more about your father-in-law and this attic...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    Plastic degradation.

Please tell us more about your father-in-law and this attic...

Lmao he’s a hoarder, but I guess you could say a clean, organized one. When I met his daughter we discussed our mutual like for collecting, he has so much stuff from the 60’s-80’s that it’s overwhelming, matchbox cars, James Bond, Indiana jones, Star Wars etc, all from the vintage eras. He always says he had an AT-AT in box sealed, which obviously caught my attention, and then he stated he had a few figures. The attic is a packed hot mess, so I was in no rush to see a couple of loose figures. After a recent estate sale of a huge lot of Star Wars that I purchased to regnite the hobby for myself, he became adamant about checking the attic. Sunday night I crawled up there with him, and the first box he pulled out had 40 unopened figures, I started yelling at him, are you nits leaving this stuff up here?!?! Go downstairs and wash your hands immediately before you touch these! Lmao

Yes unfortunately its just a case of extreme discolouration. I've noticed Luke Farmboy is very prone to this. The torso is made of a different type of plastic to the limbs hence why the arms and hips have discoloured but the torso hasn't.
    WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
    Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelGeneral View Post
    Lmao he’s a hoarder, but I guess you could say a clean, organized one. When I met his daughter we discussed our mutual like for collecting, he has so much stuff from the 60’s-80’s that it’s overwhelming, matchbox cars, James Bond, Indiana jones, Star Wars etc, all from the vintage eras. He always says he had an AT-AT in box sealed, which obviously caught my attention, and then he stated he had a few figures. The attic is a packed hot mess, so I was in no rush to see a couple of loose figures. After a recent estate sale of a huge lot of Star Wars that I purchased to regnite the hobby for myself, he became adamant about checking the attic. Sunday night I crawled up there with him, and the first box he pulled out had 40 unopened figures, I started yelling at him, are you nits leaving this stuff up here?!?! Go downstairs and wash your hands immediately before you touch these! Lmao
    Thanks for sharing... sounds like a cool father-in-law. If you have the chance to get back up there, please share some pictures of the 40 carded figures and that time capsule of an attic! It's been difficult finding vintage Star Wars toys in the "wild" these days, so I'll live vicariously through you! Stuff is definitely out there and still waiting to be discovered.