Thread: Beware Ebay Seller pop-culture-u

Beware Ebay Seller pop-culture-u

I don't want to make enemies, but i feel compelled to share this information. Long story short, the Ebay Seller pop-culture-u has a POTF Luke Poncho MOC autographed by Mark Hamill on ebay for $1099.95. Here is the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-85-STA...YAAOSw3FpaprEz

The figure purports to come with a certificate of authenticity. The Certificate says "This certified authentic item was autographed in the presence of and or examined by Pop Culture Utopia Authentication Services. As such this item carries our 200% money back Guarantee."

Pop Culture Utopia was a short lived Comic Book / Vintage Toy store in West Des Moines, Iowa. It just suddenly closed one day with what the owner stated on facebook as "Reasons beyond our control." Clearly he is still selling on Ebay.

Anyways, knowing the truth, and hoping I would get an honest answer, I asked the seller if he had witnessed the autograph or knew when and where it was autographed. The seller replied with two messages. "A friend got it personally signed for me. But yes I know it was personally signed" and "It was signed last May, He did a signing for a convention in Dallas."

Sadly, I know this is not true. You see, I know the Toy Dealer the pop culture guy bought it from. It's been in his personal collection for some time and he put it up for Sale at the Cedar Rapids Iowa Comic Con that was in February of this year. I was there, I saw he had it for sale for $325. There is even a picture on the Toy Dealer's facebook page that shows it for sale at the comic con. The Toy Dealer this came from, got it from someone else some time ago, and the problem was that it didn't have a certificate of authenticity.

I have no idea if the signature is legit or not. My point is neither does the seller, and he has simply created his own COA via his own alleged authentication company and is lying about where the autograph came from when asked on ebay. He didn't have buddy get it signed for him, and it wasn't signed in May of last year. He bought it signed, tripped the price he paid, and manufactured a COA with a story to go with.

So buyer beware.

IMO you should report this to ebay. Someones gonna get taken by this or sure. 200% sure.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

i added him to my ebay block bidder page and gave him an offer of $200 to let him know what its worth which is squat!

COA doesn't mean the autograph is legit.You won't need it.All you care is the real autograph

BTW,the Hamill auto looks off to me.Sorry I'm not a expert,you can post the Hamill pic on autograph section,you will know the answer

I'm not an autograph expert but you can post it to http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1069289 or the Star Wars Autograph Universe facebook group and they can tell you. I do know however that either that's a vintage autograph or a fake of a vintage autograph. I don't think Mark's signed like that in decades definitely not from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    I'm not an autograph expert but you can post it to http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1069289 or the Star Wars Autograph Universe facebook group and they can tell you. I do know however that either that's a vintage autograph or a fake of a vintage autograph. I don't think Mark's signed like that in decades definitely not from last year.
    Yeah, I have no idea if the autograph is real. My point was neither does the seller. He manufactured a COA and is lying about the provenance. I consider liars to be bad ebayers for sure!

Hey, it's got a 200% money back guarantee! Buy it for 1100, prove it's fake, then get a $2200 dollar refund!