Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here miss the GGC Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by GGC View Post
    It's a long story about the forums, but at the end of the day there was a server crash and when I went to restore the the previous days backup, it didn't restore right and even i could not log in (still can't today). I worked with my hosting company and we got it up at some point but it was all messed up and members could not log in. This was also around the time when things had slowed down and I just gave up trying. Facebook had sort of taken over and GG had the blog at the time and it was around the time Greg left and before Daniel so it was slow. If people wanted it, I'll make a new one
    Go for it! It is always good to have more than one option to discuss the product we collect. My only suggestion would be to keep things under good moderation. You know how frustrated and passionate some collectors can get, and personally, I like the sharing of opinions in a friendly way rather than fighting over who's wrong or right.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-11-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    As a collector, surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experience, but it instills vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GGC View Post
    It's a long story about the forums, but at the end of the day there was a server crash and when I went to restore the the previous days backup, it didn't restore right and even i could not log in (still can't today). I worked with my hosting company and we got it up at some point but it was all messed up and members could not log in. This was also around the time when things had slowed down and I just gave up trying. Facebook had sort of taken over and GG had the blog at the time and it was around the time Greg left and before Daniel so it was slow. If people wanted it, I'll make a new one
    Well I'm sorry to hear all of this. It was a great site and I loved it. So there was so much on there with all the different things. It also seemed that more people posted there. Whether it was pictures of collections, selling items, discussions or just anything in general. I would definitely be back if it was ever up and running again.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

I thought it was good because it provided some manner of CHECKLISTs (*)
    -Wolf

(*) (ahem) The SCUM checklist thread was last updated in 2006 8-|

What's the facebook group called?
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by rnbuda View Post
    What's the facebook group called?
    https://www.facebook.com/gentlegiantcollectors/
    Admin @ GentleGiantCollectors

Thanks GGC!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123