Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsolved Mysteries

The helmet is what I wanted too, I only vaguely remembered the fighter but never had one.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

I have a strange memory of being at either Target or ToysRus, around 1986-1987 near Seattle WA. The strange part is that I remember seeing Star Wars mock-ups for sale, as if done by store employees. I recall seeing generic figures (such as ewoks or biker scout ) attached to a plain piece of cardboard, with either a Droids or Ewoks coin attached with it. It seemed very odd and crude-looking, and I have never seen anything like it before or since (at least not in a major retail store).

I even remember thumbing through the first Sansweet book looking for examples of this, but obviously finding nothing.

Normally, I would chalk this up to a false memory (just like the people who swear they had a rocket fett as a child). However, my brother and sister share the same memory, as they were with me.

This memory still puzzles me to this day.

Phil

It's possible they were NOS.
    Salt-licker guy from Crait deserves a figure.
    He made the ultimate sacrifice, licking that dirt to find out what it was. We should respect and honor him with an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by philraymond View Post
    I have a strange memory of being at either Target or ToysRus, around 1986-1987 near Seattle WA. The strange part is that I remember seeing Star Wars mock-ups for sale, as if done by store employees. I recall seeing generic figures (such as ewoks or biker scout ) attached to a plain piece of cardboard, with either a Droids or Ewoks coin attached with it. It seemed very odd and crude-looking, and I have never seen anything like it before or since (at least not in a major retail store).

I even remember thumbing through the first Sansweet book looking for examples of this, but obviously finding nothing.

Normally, I would chalk this up to a false memory (just like the people who swear they had a rocket fett as a child). However, my brother and sister share the same memory, as they were with me.

This memory still puzzles me to this day.

Phil
    Were they in a bubble at all and did it look like someone tried to draw a logo on them? And was it a brown or white cardboard? Trying to hunt some info down for you. I wonder if it was something Toy-R-Us employees did on their own. I'm sure Kenner wouldn't have been cool with that mocked up card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12