Thread: Leia Blasters

Leia Blasters

With all the convincing repros out there the one I'm most concerned with is the Leia blaster. I know that TIG talks about and lists a repro to watch out for (doesn't have the circle, and lacks detail). But has anyone seen one that is more convincing than this one that does have the circle and better detail? I'm not an expert on identifying and I can spot most fakes, but they are getting pretty good though. I've recently finished my loose Leia collection and even though I'm 99% certain the blasters I have are original its the 1% that scares me.

Yes, there are fake leia blasters that have the circle, are the correct colour, and pass the drop/float/light tests.

There are tells, which i believe TIG highlights on their web site somewhere.

They try to not make the info too readily available in the hopes that would-be repro artists cant find the information and use it to make better repros.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Here is an example of one of those high grade repros:

Yeah that blue one is scary. I’ll have to research if it has any qualities that distinguish it from the real ones unless you or someone else knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    Here is an example of one of those high grade repros:

Is this the V6 repro with the squared off back? And does anyone know of a V6 repro that mimics a V1 original with the rounded back?

I believe its a v6, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    I believe its a v6, yes.

All the V6's I've seen have the squared off back end though. No V6 repros I can find have a rounded backend, unless I'm mistaken?

Well I guess rounded is not the accurate term, more of an upside down T. Biggest distinguisher I can see is the slightly curved handle.
    Last edited by WampasGottaEat2; 03-17-2018 at 01:12 PM.