Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else loved Clone Wars but was disappointed with Rebels?

Who else loved Clone Wars but was disappointed with Rebels?

Now that it's over, who else loved The Clone Wars but was disappointed by Rebels? I believe that together Lucas and Filoni made a good show together with Clone Wars but once it was just Filoni with Rebels everything went to Sith. I mean space whales that travel hyper space? Can anyone honestly say they'd appreciate that in a live action movie? Plus the time traveling Wolves, I mean ok the guy likes wolves great but please keep it at a minimum and don't let your personal interests become something essential to the plot. Having a clone squad with Wolf paint jobs is cool but thr aforementioned is in poor taste and just plain absurd. It goes beyond suspension of dibelief. All of these events in Rebels do not seem like that they would occur in the same universe as A New Hope.
    A 3 and 3/4 inch Arc Trooper Fives needs to be made to finally complete everyones Clone Collections
    How to make a Mimban figure: Leave your Stormtrooper toy out in the sun for 5 years

Also Nik Saint is not Captain Rex. If future artists want to create content that takes place within the timeline of the ot then so be it but don't alter it please. It's like taking a beautiful Van Gogh or Seurat and doodling little stick figures on it. Leave the masterpieces alone and create your own art.
    A 3 and 3/4 inch Arc Trooper Fives needs to be made to finally complete everyones Clone Collections
    How to make a Mimban figure: Leave your Stormtrooper toy out in the sun for 5 years

Why does it matter if random nobody with a beard is Nik or Rex? He's still a random nobody with a beard.

Rebels in my opinion is average. On par with S3 of TCW, though I agree his wolf love was taken a bit far.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

Quote Originally Posted by Prequellover View Post
    Why does it matter if random nobody with a beard is Nik or Rex? He's still a random nobody with a beard.

Rebels in my opinion is average. On par with S3 of TCW, though I agree his wolf love was taken a bit far.
    It only matters because Filoni is claiming part of something he did not create as his own by inserting his own character in there.

I was a little late to the party and watched Rebels first. I loved it.

NOW, i'm watching Clone Wars - and I do like it, but I think it drags more. I'm a little more than half-way through the second season and I'm hooked - but find it a bit daunting that I still have something like 100 more episodes to sit through.
    "Pew.....pew....pew"
    -Star Wars

Of course it was Rex on Endor. Saint Nik was just a place holder name until his true character could be fleshed out in TCW/Rebels.

I think I liked TCW much better. Rebels was good, but not my favorite SW side tale. Quality, talent so much was there, but TCW just seemed more necessary in the lore, rebels felt like (esp at the end), didn't really do much for the lore overall.

Everyone should remember that we were lucky to get Rebels at all. TCW was a George Project. He financed it himself and throwing millions of $ to the show was no problem for him. In his eyes, he was exploring a new way of story telling and having fun with a new digital medium. TCW likely never made money as a TV show. Remember when it first aired, they even had it broadcasting on TNT (the drama channel). They thought it was going to be another Star Wars movie like hit. It wasn't.

When Disney bought him out, the last thing they wanted was to be spending too much money on a show that was airing on Cartoon Network (A direct competitor to other Kid Disney channels). So it was axed fast, no brainer as far as they were concerned. I am not sure how, but luckily Rebels was pitched quick enough to get Disney to fund it and at least keep some of the TCW talent employed at LucasFilm Animation. If it wasn't for Rebels, they would have dispersed.

So at least we go 'some' rather than 'none'. Rebels was also able to tie up some loose TCW ends such as Maul, Hondo, Clones, Mandalore, Ahsoka, etc... Plus it integrated well with RO, which I liked and wish it had gone deeper.

I do wish that they had stayed away from Hyperspace Whale-squids and Elephant sized wolves, but ..... hey there were just props in story telling as far as I am concerned.

To me the biggest gripe of Rebels, is what ever happened to AP-5? He' still not floating in space? Right?

Oh, I agree, been saying that since the takeover-we're lucky we have any of this IMO, but that wasn't the question... so i didn't emphasize as such.

While I can understand people's viewpoints about those life forms, and whether there's a place in SW for them or not. We can't act like they're out of place, in the realm of possible existences in the Universe. I see this narrow-minded POV all too often. Now should Wolves look like Earth Wolves? Probably not, not unless you are a true believer in all life in the cosmos was seeded from one place. The wales however, seem perfectly logical as a Space born organism. Whenever the Force is concerned, it's difficult to exclude the "paranormal". I'm fairly certain though, there could have been a way to tell the story w/o all side trips in LSD land.
    Introducing all that lore into basically the last episode of the series just seems odd to me. It's like opening a door to you dream house, then having it closed on you and told it's been sold! lol Honestly!

Personally, I never really felt like Ezra truly grew. He's always been that obnoxious kid right up until the last episode, then they made him see more adultish.

AP-5? He seems to have been forgotten. Surely they could have resolved that? If people thought that he had an attitude before, wait till someone happens upon him after 10-20 years floating in space! Though maybe he just powers down after the first year... Be cool if he pops up in the new show somewhere.

As for which one liked more, I can't really say for sure. They both had their good and bad. Rebels felt like it was more for an older audience that TCW, at least that's how if seemed to me. I also preferred the animation more in Rebels. TCW did offer deeper story telling though, and more diverse. With Rebels, it was only about he Ghost crew, essentially.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast