Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R2 - Jimmy Vee

Quote Originally Posted by HanHutt View Post

Once again, theres a big difference. It's not just about fans seeking the knowledge, the actors ALSO have a responsibility to be honest since, as I have already made clear, 'A lot of fans are easily fooled just because they see them have a table at a convention' and they have high prices etc. Take Jimmy Fee signing R1 items for example. I bet those fans would care once they realize the actor that just signed their poster next to the likes of Felicity Jones and Academy Award Winner Forest Whitaker wasn’t even on the cutting room floor, let alone the final cut!

That’s a totally different concept to having Bulloch sign a picture of Morton and vice versa, or having Prowse sign a shot when Bob Anderson was in the suit. They were at least both in the same film the picture is from. The same cannot be said for the likes of Vee.
    Heh. Talk to CA. Putting Bulloch on an ANH poster with Hamill, Fisher, and Ford.
    "That's a nice planet killer. But I'll break it so you'll never see the Super Laser on it again... by that, I mean I'll break your Death Star.Ē
    -Jotaro Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Red5StandingBy View Post
    Heh. Talk to CA. Putting Bulloch on an ANH poster with Hamill, Fisher, and Ford.
    Couldn't agree more. They did the same with putting McDiarmid on the OT 'Gone with the Wind' style ESB poster when McDiarmid was only in the special edition. Makes no sense. The other issue with their choice in signatures is when they have all the big main cast (Ford, Fisher, Hamill etc) and then randomly add Dave Barclay. I mean why not just leave it as main cast?!

I get it man, but again, if fans don't care you can't scold the signers. Ain't their job to do our research...BUT- I do know of signers SW & other that will indeed say "that ain't me", but what can you do?.. At least we do research. If you're stormtrooper making a living on sigs, betcha they don't care much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by HanHutt View Post

Once again, theres a big difference. It's not just about fans seeking the knowledge, the actors ALSO have a responsibility to be honest since, as I have already made clear, 'A lot of fans are easily fooled just because they see them have a table at a convention' and they have high prices etc. Take Jimmy Fee signing R1 items for example. I bet those fans would care once they realize the actor that just signed their poster next to the likes of Felicity Jones and Academy Award Winner Forest Whitaker wasnít even on the cutting room floor, let alone the final cut!

Thatís a totally different concept to having Bulloch sign a picture of Morton and vice versa, or having Prowse sign a shot when Bob Anderson was in the suit. They were at least both in the same film the picture is from. The same cannot be said for the likes of Vee.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    I get it man, but again, if fans don't care you can't scold the signers. Ain't their job to do our research...BUT- I do know of signers SW & other that will indeed say "that ain't me", but what can you do?.. At least we do research. If you're stormtrooper making a living on sigs, betcha they don't care much either.
    No, no you don't get it. If fans don't care then of course you can't scold the signers. Not once have I made any inference to that, and I couldn't agree more with that statement. But for fans not to care if the actor is in the movie or not, they need to KNOW. And the 'actor's' don't help that situation one bit by claiming that they are in fact in the final cut despite the director himself stating that all his scenes were cut, or by claiming that they were in a movie for 1.5 seconds when the droid unit that operated R2 for that minuscule moment have stated that nne was inside the R2 unit at any time.

It shouldn't necessarily be the fans job to do 'research', especially at the point this so called 'actor' is sitting at a convention table asking for money. The buyer has a right to know what they're getting for their money, and part of this responsibly falls on the signer. At the VERY LEAST, they could give an honest answer when questioned about their role, not talk their way around it in an attempt to make a quick buck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123