Thread: Bib Fortuna robe help

Bib Fortuna robe help

Kinda an interesting story behind my current Bib Fortuna... Back in 2010 got a huge beater lot on here. Had some accessories still on including Bib's torso armor. Well last year found a very mint Bib with a very nice robe at my local thrift store in a big bag for 2 bucks. He was missing the torso armor so I dig out my old one and make a near complete Bib. Always kinda wondered if this robe is repro since it is very clean and cut with more fabric than my brothers is.

Well got one today from a cheap eBay lot, looks like the one my brother has making me think my thrift store one is sadly repro.

I just don't wanna keep the repro one instead of the real one, but if my thrift store one is real I'd rather keep it due to the interesting way of getting it. Also funny one's head tentacle is over his right shoulder instead of under the arm like I'm used to seeing.

Suspected repro on the left

I'm a really casual vintage collector so my knowledge is limited, appreciate any info.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

hmmm the lighting on your pics is a bit bright but that looks like a Taiwan bib cape . is the country of origin on his leg Taiwan? it looks good to me btw
    Taiwan bib capes are green inside
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

I'll take some non-flash pics tomorrow, was super late when I took those.

Thanks for the opinion, the inside was definitely a greener color than the other. I'll check the COO tomorrow too.

B/S/T Feedback!

Both coats look 100% genuine to me.

Thanks for the second reply, haven't been home until tonight so couldn't take pics. But the left one is Taiwan.

Never thought to think how the COO would change the cut and fabric of a robe.

B/S/T Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post
    Thanks for the second reply, haven't been home until tonight so couldn't take pics. But the left one is Taiwan.

Yes, it's actually quite common. Especially in the vintage days. Even different factories from the same country can have variations in the fabric. As far as the tentacle, they are pretty easy to wrap back around. If that is your preferred look. If it doesn't move or stay easily, just run it under some hot water, shape it and then let it cool off. More good news is his staff is usually pretty easy to find, and not very expensive, if you choose to complete him. Beware, though, as there are also reproduction staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post

the coo on lots of figures changes many thing variant wise . thats the cool thing about some variants you can tell their differing paint apps and accesories just by their coo stamp
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work