Thread: StarAlien70's customised Rogue One characters

StarAlien70's customised Rogue One characters

I don’t normally do customs of newer figures that are still ongoing, just in case Hasbro actually produce what I’m working on, but I’d been looking at the basic single carded K-2SO and thought it looked like a figure that could potentially have decent articulation without too much work… and then I got carried away. It went from being a case of just adding elbow and knee joints to this…

Super articulated 1:18 scale K-2SO: Features articulated elbows, wrists, knees, ankles, feet, toes, torso, and completely new ball-hinged shoulder and hip joints. Plus the existing neck and head rotation of the original figure. I think it’s 27 POA.

Knee, elbow, and ankle joints made by cutting existing non-articulated parts, then fitting appropriate sized metal tubes through to hold them in place (so that there is a hole through the joint). Feet, toes, and wrists done with metal pins. Ball-hinged shoulder and hip joints are from a couple of Tron Legacy figures. All droid parts come from one basic K-2SO.

Last edited by StarAlien70; 02-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    Here's to another 40 years!
    My Cantina diorama

Custom Jyn Erso (Jedha): Uses Black Series 3.75” Jyn Erso figure, with modified arms for green jacket; added cuffs and stripes - stripes cut from arms of basic Jyn (Jedha), green jacket piece made from Dr Who (12th Doctor W3). Custom soft goods scarf.

2 custom batons - closed and extended versions. Added hook to attach closed baton behind holster.

Here’s a Black Series 6” Jyn Erso (Jedha) with soft goods scarf:

My Cantina diorama

Very nice work. I like the idea of metal tube for K2's joints, might have to try that. I'd love to see you have a go at her Eadu outfit.

Wanted: VINTAGE COLLECTION: C-3PO. Still got a Vinage Wedge & Gammy to trade.

My Feedback Thread

Thanks for your comment, Rogue82. The Force is strong with this one!
    Here's a custom Jyn Erso (Eadu): Uses Black Series 3.75” Jyn Erso figure, with a slightly modified head from basic Jyn (Imperial Ground Crew Disguise). Poncho, mask and hands from basic Jyn (Eadu). Added a hook to the poncho to attach the custom closed baton accessory, and modified the pouch to hold a piece from TBS Jyn’s sniper attachment. Arms from TLC Stass Allie. Cap modified from basic Cassian (Eadu) figure.

I did attempt a soft goods poncho to swap with the scarf on the Jedha custom, but I couldn’t get it to work with the 3.75” figure. I might try it some time in the future on the 6” figure.
    My Cantina diorama

Wow, amazing work StarAlien. All of these customs are incredible!

Why can't Hasbro give us figures like these??
    My Flickr Action Figure Photography:

Beautiful work. I love these and I wish Hasbro had given us this in the TBS 3.75" SA line.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

So, I hated Rogue One, but I gotta say, this is some great work. Makes me wanna bust out the figures I bought for cheap and hack em up. Maybe it'll help me cope with the movie better. Nice work.

I really enjoy looking at your customs. I love the flawless execution. I don't know how much work went into the soft-good scarf, but it looks fantastic!
    The way you re-did the joints on K-2SO is genius.

I love these! Especially K2-SO! The paint is perfect, and - wtf?! - he can stand on his own!

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I’m really pleased you like them.
    Scarif Stormtrooper (Squad Leader): Uses Black Series 3.75” Scarif Stormtrooper, with repainted markings. Belt from 2-pack Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader (Vs Moroff). Custom soft goods kama.

My Cantina diorama